Friday, September 9, 2011

FRESH ANNOINTING

1 John 2:20  "But you have an annointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth."

Fresh annointing.....the words just kept coming to me tonight Lord, as I sold CDs that are, well, some of them 10 years old or more.  There is nothing old about the annointing.  When You bless, Lord Jesus, You bless continually.  When You annoint someone, when the blessing comes, it is always fresh.  Just as new mercies are fresh everyday, so is the annointing. 

I thank You, Father, that You annoint me with the fresh oil of the Holy Spirit.  The freshness of what You are doing now, this day; not having to live in what was back then, or what I wished it could have been, but an annointing for this season, for what You will have me do now, in You.  I feel Your annointing when I pray for others Lord.  Whether it is in person, or when I am home, alone, praying for those You put on my heart.  It is of You that the annointing comes, Your Spirit brings the annointing in Your timing, not any of my own. 

Fresh annointing, that sweet fragrant outpouring of Your Holy Spirit on me, on what You are doing in me.  I thank You my Father for Your faithfulness to give me what I need, at the right time of need; that You never leave me floundering alone when You send me to do something.  You set me on a course and You steer me in the right direction.  You are the wind in my sails, You never leave me; my strength and my wisdom comes from You alone. 

Father, I love You.  I thank You for the blessings You have poured out on me continually.  I thank You for tonight, for the fresh annointing of the Holy Spirit in the sanctuary; for the new songs of worship rising up to bless You.  It thrilled my soul to hear the beautiful worship rising up to glorify Your Name.  You are my God, I am so in love with You.  This 9th day of September, 2011, my spirit is rejoicing in the fresh annointing from You, my Lord, my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment