Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE SPOKEN WORD

Matthew 21:21-22  "Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree but also you can say to this mountain 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

This scripture follows the story of the fig tree that Jesus told to never bear fruit again and it immediately withered.  Jesus spoke the Word and it was done.  The Word of God is very powerful and put forth with faith can move mountains.  So many times I have heard people proclaim the Word of God, speak the verses and you could see in their faces that they were not truly believing it would happen.  You cannot speak the Word of God and not believe.  The very Word is power in itself.  The Lord put the power of Himself into the Word.   It is our faith that so often fails us.  I often wonder just where we would be in this world, just how many healings would be seen, how many dead would return to life, peace restored, rain flowing down onto dry, parched land, if the children of God truly would believe what they prayed.

I fail here also.  We are attacked from the moment we speak the Word.  The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy what comes out of our mouth, what goes into our ears.  He doesn't have the problem with sight as he knows we believe in faith of what is not seen.  But immediately upon speaking the Word, he is in our ears, playing with our minds..."do you truly think that will happen",  "what makes you think you have the power to speak such".  You all know the games he can play, the words he puts in your ears, the doubts he brings to mind.  I know, myself, I have been studying the Word, seeing the miracles, seeing the faith of great people of the Bible, both well known and unknown, their faith, their trust.  Moses stepped out into the sea by faith, following the Lord God, the waters parted.  Had he hesitated, all would have been killed or recaptured by the Egyptians.  But by faith, he acted. 

I stepped out dear Lord when You told me to move.  In faith, I stepped out and I know You are taking care of my every need.  I have Your peace, Your joy and am being taught daily by the Holy Spirit what You want to teach me.  I trust in You completely.  What wonders we could see if when Your Word is spoken, faith rose up.  Healings, such miracles.  I can see in my Spirit, so many would be worshiping You when these things would happen. Your children have not, because when they ask, they trust not.  Yes, Lord.  Forgive my unbelief Lord.  Forgive those times I have spoken Your Word in faith and my trust was destroyed by a few well placed words by the enemy.  I hesitated and lost.  I want this to happen no more.

I want to trust You more, I want to trust You more.  Build up my faith, Father; increase my trust.  Each day as I walk in the path You have set for me, guide me, teach me Your ways until they become as natural to me as breathing.  Teach me to understand Your Word as I study, reveal truth to me.  Let me speak Your Word in prayer for others, in faith, and trust that what I speak in the Name of Jesus will be.  Let me be Your warrior, Your faith speaking, trust abiding warrior armed with the truth and power of Your Word.  Trust me Lord to do Your will.

This 25th day of October, Lord, I am trusting in You, my King.  I love You so much Lord.  I will follow You, I will trust You, I will believe when I speak Your Word that it will be as You say through me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment