Tuesday, October 11, 2011

FREELY GIVEN, GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

John 14:15-17  "If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever....the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

There is nothing I can do Lord, to deserve what You have given to me.  Neither life nor death, nothing I can do inbetween will ever be enough in my eyes to deserve what You have done for me.  But in Your eyes, in Your eyes I am so deserving, I am so precious, so loved by You. 

I am so thankful for the blood of Jesus, my Lord.  Without the sacrifice that my precious Lord made at Calvary, without all He went through, I would not be sitting here tonight, writing from my heart to my Lord of my love for Him.  And if His sacrifice was not enough, He gave such simple rules for me to live by.  Removed was the law, the do or die things of the Old Testament, when there was no sacrifice that was deemed good enough to take away the sins of the world; it is different now, there is Jesus.  He lived a life of example, He gave a simple way of life for the child of God to live; simply love the Lord God with all your heart and soul and love your neighbor as yourself.  Obey Him, live each day in His ways, do unto others as He would have you do, serve others, love others, share His love with them.  These are simple thiings; things you would teach a child.  Love each other, share, don't be stingy with the things of the Lord, share what He gives you with others. His love, His peace, His joy, HIS SALVATION. 

If we would just love and obey what Jesus commanded us to do, He, Jesus Himself, will ask the Father to give us another Counselor, another teacher, to guide us, to show us the way, to keep us from living in sin by convicting us quickly and leading us back to the Father.  The Holy Spirit will be given to those who will just love and obey; and we will know Him as He will live with us and be in us, always.  The Holy Spirit will never be taken from me, no matter what I do, He will always be with me.  He will always show me what the Father has for me, He will enlighten the Word to me, He will give me understanding, He will give me wisdom.  

Just love and obey.  How could I not love my Lord, the things He has done for me, He loved me first.  I did absolutely nothing to deserve the love of my Lord, there is nothing in me that will ever be deserving enough for this kind of unconditional love, but He loves me passionately.  And I love Him with all of me, mind, heart, soul and spirit.  I think if I cut myself, I would bleed love for my Lord. I don't think that there is a part of me that is not totally sold out in love for my Lord.  He is in my thoughts all day long. 

Obey my Lord; without the constant presence of the Holy Spirit this would probably be difficult at all times, but the Holy Spirit gives direction to me, gives me guidance in obeying; what the Father expects and how to do it faithfully, cheerfully; delighting in doing the Father's will.  I love the Word of God as it gives direction to me, how to live, how to love, how to please Him.  I love my Lord.

Worshiping my Lord is a great pleasure to me.  When I worship the Lord, He pours out so much love on me, so much grace.  He loves to hear His children sing to Him from their hearts.....can you just picture the Lord, sitting in the throne room, waiting each day to hear the praise and thanks in song to Him.  And when that sweet song comes up to Him, I can see the smile of joy come across His face.  I love to give joy to my Lord, I love to sing praises to Him, to glorify His Name. 

This 11th day of October, 2011, I am so thankful for my Lord Jesus, who freely gave all for me.  I gratefully receive, my Lord, the blessings You have given me through Your love, Your mercy.  I love You, Lord.  Sweet Holy Spirit, I am so grateful that You are in my life, that You are with me each moment of each day and night, never ceasing to lead me into the ways of my God, always showing me the way to His heart, into His presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment