Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WITH ALL THAT I AM

Proverbs 3:9-10  "Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine."

I have a box that I have saved scriptures I cut or tore out of the newspaper for several years; scriptures that touched my heart each morning as I drank my coffee and read the paper.  Soon it became apparent to me that the only reason I was getting the paper was to read the scripture.  With all the Bibles I have, still I was excited to see what this worldly newspaper would print, what someone there was choosing to share.  The newspaper in the area where I have moved has no scripture, so I doubt if I will be taking the home delivery of the paper.  But today I was looking inside the box and reading some of the scriptures and when I read the one from Proverbs 3 the Lord began to show me some things.  How I love when the Lord teaches me, when He gives me meaning that He means to show me His love through, that He grows me with.

"Thy substance" this is the most important part of anything I have, my life mainly.  Thy substance, the best of me.  The Lord wants to be honored with the best of me, the best of you.  Praise, my complete worship, my time, my heartfelt love and adoration; everything that is the best of what we have should honor the Lord.  Then with the "firstfruits".  I have always thought of this as money, but today the Lord showed me that as I honor Him above all with the very best of me, the very best that comes from me that He has provided me with, the beauty of anything I do, with the special annointing on my life, that the first thing I should do with this special annointing, the gifts He has given me is to offer them back to Him in praise, in worship.    Then He told me "the barns", a building, a dwelling, my spirit, my heart where He dwells, will be filled with His presence, overflowing with His love and His grace, His joy and His peace.  The joy and gladness that fills me from His presence, from the outpouring of His love, grace, peace shall burst forth from me in joyous worship and praise which will produce even more of His touch on my life, His annoiting on me for what He has for me to do.  He will burst this annointing out of me with such radiance on my life, such wonder that I will cease to doubt my ability to do what He has called me to do.  As He leads me where He wants me to be, His glory will be poured out as I do His will.  I will not lack, I will not lose focus on what He desires me to do as He will be present with me always.

With all that I am, I will worship.  I will give the Lord the very best I have; all that I have comes from the Lord, the very best thing in me is His precious Spirit, my very life is reflective of His nature, of what He has done in me.  I live to please You, my King.  I will worship You as long as I live, I will give You the glory for all I do; I am Your vessel, "a barn" of plenty as Your presence will always be invited to dwell in me.

I thank You my Lord for the revelation of this verse to me.  I know others may not understand it as given to me, but I pray it blesses them, that it will resound with a Word You have given them and that all their substance, their very best, and the firstfruits of their lives will return to You in worship, in praise.  This 12th day of October, 2011, I give You my all, I dedicate my life to You daily to do with as You will to serve and glorify You, my beautiful Lord.  I love You with all of my heart, with all that I am, I love You alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment