Thursday, October 13, 2011

MY SOUL LIVES BY YOUR WORD

Isaiah 55:3  "Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David."

There is such a battle going on for the eternity of my soul.  For each of us, our soul is tossed back and forth among the spiritual habitants of the heavenlies.  There is really no other way to describe the up and downs of our lives.  The Holy Spirit leads us into the righteouness of our Lord, the closer and more intimate we become with the Lord, the more we die to self and become like Jesus, the rougher the waters become, the battle rages with such intensity that if it were not for the Word of God we would be doomed.  Without the Holy Spirit's intervention, the constant drawing us to the Word, the refreshing to our minds giving us cause to dig deeper into the things of the Lord, into His Word to see what His desire is for us, we would be floundering like a raft without an oar.  Our lives would be gone.  Our souls would have no substance as we would soon lose our way. 

When things get so overwhelming, the Word tells us to sit quietly, letting our minds and hearts flow to the Father, centering our minds on Him, letting Him restore our spirits and hearts, letting Him pour out His grace and peace over us; here we find what we need for the battle.  Here we are given rest and refreshing.  Here we find the strength of the Lord and through this quiet rest He gives us direction for the battle.  He tells us how it is to be won.  Listen for the quiet voice of the Shepherd, the sweet sound of His voice telling of His great love for us, of His desire to see us through the battle and to the promise land.

When there is rest, we can rise up with determination that cannot be beaten down; we can begin a new day knowing that "greater is He that is in us that he that is in the world".  Isaiah 55:12 says "You will go out in joy (we will have something to be glad over) and be led forth in peace (we will have been showered with the peace of the Lord, refreshed) the mountains and hills will burst into song before you (happiness and joy will be evident everywhere) and the trees of the field will clap their hands (everything on earth will be rejoicing in what the Lord is doing)".  Such a beautiful rest, a rest that will have you wanting to exclaim the glory of the Lord to all; it will have you wanting to tell others of the Word of the Lord that gives life to all that will believe, to all that will proclaim that Jesus is Lord, and will love the Lord with all their hearts and souls.  Sweet rest in Him.

Your Word, O Lord, how can I not love Your Word.  My very life depends on the words that I find in this precious Book.  The Word that was in the beginning and has been for all time and will be forever in eternity.  I was thinking on the things that are not clear to me in the Word and when would I know the answers to all I read.  You showed me, Father, that although a lot of things will be shown to me here, and I thank You for these revelations, Lord; but You showed me that one day when I reach Your throne room all things will be known to me.  I will understand all things one day, as will each of Your children that seek Your face, desiring the truth of Your Word.

My Lord, how I love You.  I love to read Your Word as I love how many times You express Your love for me here.  You tell me of Your blessings You wish to continue to pour over me, Your plans You have for me, plans to further my life, to bless me and to use me for Your glory.  I am comforted by Your Words Lord.  You have shown me that when situations arise that are meant to destroy Your children, You show how You have protected Your children in the past and I know You will protect me, all Your children now and in the future.  Thank You, Lord, thank You.

This 13th day of October, I am learning to be quiet before You and listen to Your voice, Your direction comes from Your Word and as I read, quietly before You, You will open the doors of my understanding and I will encounter the beauty and strength You have put in Your Word.  I love You Lord, I love You so much.  I will praise You, my Lord.  I will always praise You.

No comments:

Post a Comment