Saturday, October 8, 2011

HE DELIGHTS IN GIVING MERCY

Micah 7:18  "Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance?  You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy."

I believe a lot of people are afraid of God.  I also believe a lot of people have reason to be, if they have not repented of their sin and asked the Lord for forgiveness.  But there are people that love the Lord, but they are afraid of Him.  Probably more people in my age group than younger, and I believe it was the way most of us grew up in church.  Unless they have come out from under that bondage of the law, they do not know the God of love.  They have probably been told that the Lord loves them, but without the realization of this love through the Holy Spirit, they have no real understanding that God loves them, He loves you, He loves me.

Precious Holy Spirit, my closest friend, thank You for leading me to the Father's love, to His throne room, for showing me that I had nothing to fear from my Lord that loves me so much.  The Lord is waiting to show mercy to those who come to Him for forgiveness, for restoration.  He loves to give mercy to those repentive of their sins, to those who have found the Truth, the Way and the Life.  O Lord, I can just see You in my spirit, arms outstretched, waiting for that one to come to You, needing You so desperately, but afraid.  Afraid to come all the way to You for fear that they will be rejected as their lives are so wretched, so wicked, they are so lost.  I can remember being afraid; so afraid that You would just push me away as I had done to You for so long, but You didn't; You reached out to me as I just waited, now knowing if I would be accepted by You, but You did not give me a chance to turn away this time.  You grabbed me to Yourself and held me there until all the fear melted away, until that fear of rejection was replaced by an overwhelming love, by such precious peace that I did not know possible.  You poured mercy onto me with delight.  You poured out mercy on me with love and joy, it gave You such pleasure and joy to draw me to You, You had waited for me. 

Unreachable, I had thought; my God is unreachable.  How wrong I was, so wrong.  And so many of you are wrong also if you think that you have gone one step too far in your sin; one step too far to turn back to God; one  step too far to be reached.  There is no place on earth that is too far for our God to reach you, He is waiting for that one word to come from your lips.....just one word....Jesus.  The minute He hears your cry, uttered in a voice desperate for Him, for His love, He will reach down and draw you to Himself, and begin to pour mercy all over you.  He will delight in doing so, as He loves you so.  He will erase all the fear inside of you, the fear you have of Him, the fear you have of life with Him.  Your life will change in such a way you never knew possible.....what do you know of real love.....what do you know about peace, true peace.......what do you know of joy, unspeakable joy?  There is only One who can bring this to you, He is the King of all who die to themselves to live for Him; He is the King of all who lift their hands up to worship Him and adore Him; He is the King of all who call themselves by His Name.  And He will delight in giving mercy to you.

My Lord God, You are my King.  I live to serve You.  I live to worship You alone.  I live to bring glory to Your Name.  You alone are worthy of all my praise.  I will never forget what You have done for me, my Lord.  I will never forget the mercy You poured onto me when I cried out to You, when I was so alone, so afraid.  Love came down and peace replaced all my fears.  This 8th day of October, 2011, You, my Lord are in my heart, my spirit, my soul.  Only You.  How I love You, how I adore You.

No comments:

Post a Comment