Friday, October 21, 2011

THE GIFT LIST

Romans 6:23  "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I received some catalogs today in the mail.....gift catalogs for Christmas.  Can you believe it, Christmas is only about 10 weeks off.  That sounds so much sooner than a couple of months.  Ten weeks.  I am just so not into stuff anymore, and am hoping folks don't start asking what I want for Christmas.  I have had a problem for years now, as I had just about any of the stuff you might want for gifts.  My husband spoiled me pretty good and was always giving.  He and I were quite alike in that manner; we loved to give.  He did enjoy presents however, but it grew difficult to find something that he would like and things he could actually use.  As he grew more ill, there was little he could enjoy as he use to; fishing and hunting were biggies with him.  Here once again, I am getting off the course.

But Christmas was a time of rejoicing, family gatherings, being together with close friends and church get togethers. They were such a delight.  But this year finds me in a new city, just a couple of dear friends in the area, and things will just be different.  As I was looking at the catalogs, one a Christian catalog with some nice Christian type gifts I was thinking of the gifts I might give.  The only One I could think of was what would I give my Lord.  It seems like I give so much, but in reality, I give very little compared to what He has given me.  He has given me peace, I can only praise Him; He has given me joy, I can only glow from the happiness inside; He has given me provision, I can only give Him my time; He has given me so much and I can only worship Him; He has given me everlasting love and I can only give Him the love that is humanly possible.  The gifts from the Lord are so beautiful, have you looked at them lately?  Really looked at what has been given to us, and considered the cost of these gifts?  We look at the price of things here on earth, but we are looking at monetary costs. The real costs of the gifts we have been given from the Lord cost so dearly.

Our Lord left the beauty of Heaven and came to earth knowing He would die.  He was sought even as a baby, despised by Kings, to be killed......He died for jealously.  He was rejected, even by those who loved Him.....He died to forgive.  He was beaten beyond recognition.....our shame he bore.  He bore stripes upon His back......our illnesses to heal.  A crown of thorns for His head.....to give us the crown of righteousness.  His side was pierced......His blood to cover us......all our sins, past, present, and future.  And He died and descended into hell.....but AROSE VICTORIOUSLY to give us eternal life. 

All the gifts, the blessed gifts we have received, the price we could never repay.  And I think, what can I give my Lord that is worth anything compared to what He has given me?  His wish list is so short; His wish list does not have monetary value to it.  The wish list of my Lord is already been given so I could see what He desires from me this year.  His wish list......my love, only for Him; my praise, thanking Him for my redemption; my worship, glorifying Him with all my heart.  Just these few things He desires from me, given to Him freely, gladly and with great joy in my heart. 

This 21st day of October, my Lord and King; I give You, freely give You all my love; I give You all my praise, lifting up Your Holy Name forever; and I will worship You with all my heart, new songs rising up from my spirit, from my soul loving You, adoring You, giving You my all.  I give You my all, my Beloved, as You gave me Your all......You gave me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment