Thursday, October 6, 2011

SAVOR THE MOMENT

Isaiah 45:8  "You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down.  Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the Lord, have created it."

The presence of You, my Lord, how precious.....what humility comes upon me when I feel Your beauty, when I smell the sweet fragrance of Your love surrounding me; like fresh rain falling on a dry land, drinking up all the living water of Your grace.....I don't want You to leave, I desire for You to stay.  I bask in the moments that You are with me, that Your spirit takes residence within my own.  Then I fill Your presence lift.  And although I know You are still near, Your presence has moved a little further.  This reminds me of the Song of Songs, the Bride asking the Bridegroom where He has gone, keeping her seeking Him with all her heart, all her soul.  And when Your presence lifts, I, even knowing that you are still near, began seeking Your presence, seeking Your face.....yearning for You, loving You.  The moment, once upon me, now gone.  The feeling, the knowing of Your presence, savored for a long time. 

How could I possible forget the beauty of a sunrise, knowing that Your hand moved across the sky and colored it just so.  How many look at the sunrise and never see You in it, Lord; never see that no where could this brilliance in the sun coming up could only be set into place by the Creator.  And at the end of the day, when that same sun sets, purple, rose, navy, yellow, sometimes orange.  So striking but yet all the colors melt together in such glory, such a magnificent array of splendor, once again, only coming from Your touch.  What beauty is given for our pleasure.  A moment that will never be repeated as each sunrise and sunset are different, never repeating, always bringing glory to You, my Lord.  And I savor each one that I witness, knowing the Artist, knowing Him personally.

Tears of joy flow when I feel Your presence, my God.  I have not known Your presence that my body does not feel overwhelmed, almost bursting with joy and sweet tears flow as I know You are here.  Tears that I know You see, those tears that You know are from pure joy, heartfelt joy at Your presence, Your flowing peace that comes down on me, that totally restoring grace that accompanies Your presence; those tears savored by You as they are a part of me expressing my love for You.  A moment in time that seals our love, seals it for eternity.

Each moment spent in Your presence, Lord, moments of joy, moments of peace, moments captured in my memory, saved to recall as I wait on You to pour out on me again, Your precious presence.  This 6th day of October, 2011, I am savoring the moments, the memories you plant in my heart, in my soul.  You never leave me empty, always filled with Your love and joy; but You do always leave me wanting more of You, desiring the sweetness of Your touch and the beauty of Your fragrant love.  I am totally and completely in love with You, my Beloved Bridegroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment