Monday, October 10, 2011

CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS

Proverbs 4:9  "She (wisdom) will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor."

Driving home today; you know I drive 18 miles to work and 18 miles home each day, and I am not tired of the drive yet as I have this glorious time alone with just my Lord and me.  I worship, I sing new songs to Him from my heart, I praise, I pray.  It is just a wonderful time of my day.  I begin my day like this, knowing He has got the day planned for me, if I just follow His lead, lean onto Him for understanding, He has it all in control for me.  I end my day the same way, giving Him glory for the day, or if the day was just  not the best, asking Him for forgiveness if needed, or asking guidance of how to turn the situation around, what can I do about the things that happened.  My Lord is the One with the answers that will keep me in His will, knowing that, why would I ask someone else.  I want to do things His way.

Well, coming home today, I am driving along, I was listening to a CD of a service that a friend had ministered in and when it was over, I just began to think the words of the old hymn, "Crown Him with Many Crowns, the Lamb upon His throne; Hark! How the heavenly anthem drowns all music but it's own; Awake my soul and sing of Him who died for thee....", and the Lord began to talk to me about crowns.  I have heard so many times that for things I endured, times I spent taking care of people that I was earning many jewels in my heavenly crown.  I am sure you have heard this a time or two also.  But today, the Lord was showing me that as the crown sits on your head, your head is a type of crown, the top of your body.  As you head is the crown, the crown is your mind.  And your mind controls you; has complete control until you submit your will to the Lord and let His will control your mind.  As I submit my will to the Lord, I give control of my mind to His control, I am giving Him my crown now.  Each time my mind wants to rule my thoughts, take my thoughts away from my God, from my Savior, overrule what the Holy Spirit is telling me; each time this happens and I take refuse to let my mind stray from my Lord's will for me, each time I refuse to let my mind go the way of the world, and return it to the Lord's control, I crown Him, Lord of All over my life.  And this is a daily happening.  I submit my will, my mind to the Lord and I crown Him Lord.

When wisdom, and true wisdom comes only from the Word, and the Holy Spirit that brings that wisdom to your mind; draw on it; draw on this wisdom that is tried and tested throughout the ages; the Lord's own words given in detailed account of things that happened, examples of how we should live and why this is the way He has chosen for us; and accounts of things that will happen, to prepare us for life and for death.  The first death to self, giving over our lives to Him free of sin, free of shame, our will submited to His; and the second death, if He tarries, our spirits rising to be with Him, where we will receive our crown of righteousness.  This crown I will gladly lay at the feet of my Savior, who is the only One worthy of my crown; for in Him, I am who I am, who He has made me to be with the cleansing of His precious blood, redeeming me.

So, today, the Lord showed me that He knows I will lay my crown, my heavenly crown, at His feet when I reach heaven one day, but here, on this earth, I can crown Him daily, each time I let not the world rule me, but I submit my will, my thoughts, my love to Him, I crown Him, I crown Him my King, my Lord, my All.

This 10th day of October, 2011, I am rejoicing in my King, I am crowning Him with many crowns, lifting up my voice to worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment