Monday, October 24, 2011

PLEASING THE LORD

Ephesians 5:10 Amplified  "And try to learn (in your experience) what is pleasing to the Lord;  (let your lives be constant) proofs of what is most acceptable to Him."
        NIV  "and find out what pleases the Lord."
        KJV  "proving what is acceptable unto the Lord"

My Lord, how could I not see this verse, after so many years of reading these passages.  I believe I first read everything from the King James Version for so long that when I would read any version my mind just reverted to what I knew "proving what is acceptable unto the Lord".  Today at lunch I was reading the Word from my IPhone app "Bible" and I was reading in the NIV which is what I study from at home and the scripture just jumped out at me.  "Find out what pleases the Lord" takes a different path to me.  Proving what is acceptable and finding out what pleases You to me is different.  Proving to me is showing others what is known to be acceptable. But finding out what pleases you to me seems personal, individual, for each one of us to find out what we personally can do that will  please You.

So I asked You... where else would I go but to You, Lord.  I cannot see asking someone else what would please You as I know I would get the standard answers.  I know what Your Word says, but I felt today as I read this that You were showing me there is more, so much more each one of us can do to please You.  So much more that would make our relationship with You more intimate, more desiring to You; to draw You so close to me that I would be able to truly feel Your arms around me, be in Your Presence.  So I am asking, my Lord, what can I do, this day, at this time in my life, to please You.

Yes, Lord, a pure heart.  A heart full of love, the kind of love that shows no difference to color, race, religion.  Just as You love all Your children, You want me also to love them in like manner.  Love them through You, not through my own efforts as that love is not showered with grace and mercy as Your love is.  Yes, Lord, I will love, I will love as You love as You give me grace to do so.

Generosity.  Give as it is given to me by You.  Yes, Father, I will give as You bless me, I will bless others.  I will give.  I will share what You give to me.  Yes, Lord, I see.  It is not just money that You want me to be generous with.  It is the example of life abundant, abundant living in You.  You want me to generously show what living in You can produce in a life. Let others see my life; not a life of complaints, strife, indifference; but gloriously living in the world made righteous by the blood of my Savior; being blessed daily with what I need for that day by my Lord God from His throne room, enjoying the richness of You, knowing real peace in my life.  Show others these things that are waiting for them also. Yes, Lord, be generous with Your Word, Your message to all.

Prayer; interceding for others.  This pleases You my Lord.  I will pray; I will lift up the needs of those who ask for prayer and for those that the Holy Spirit puts on my heart.  I will pray Your will for their lives, I will pray Your touch of healing, Your  mercy of salvation, Your precious love abound to them.  I will pray.

And me, Lord, what of me, personal to You.  I desire to please You, I want to please You more each moment of the day.  Lord God, You know how much I love You.  I have such a hunger to please You, to give of myself completely to You, to Your service.  I worshp You with all my heart.  I think of You all day long; in the night, I awake to say I love You, Lord.  You are everything to me.  I know it pleases You when I worship You.  And I know You love me, Lord.  Holy Spirit, teach me, guide me, lead me into the ways of pleasing my Lord.  Let me do what is good, let me do what is beautiful to my Lord, let me be a living testimony of my God's love and tenderness; His power and annointing; His beauty and His joy.  Let me lead others to the Cross, show them the way to the Father.  Let me be a gift to You, my Lord.  You gave me real life as You drew me to you some seasons ago and now I want to give that life back to You, to please You with what You have done in me; let my life so glorify You alone my Lord.

This 24th day of October, 2011; my Lord God, I know there is more and as each day goes by, I ask that You open my eyes, open my heart to more ways that I can personally please You with my life. What You desire from me to please You.  I love You, my Lord.  I worship You, I worship You for You are the Beauty of my life, Everything to me is what You are, You are my past, my present and thank You, Lord, You are my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment