Friday, October 14, 2011

IN THE GARDEN

Song of Songs 4:12 "You are like a garden locked up, my sister, my bride; you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain."

Listening to the beautiful melody of "In the Garden".  "I come to the garden alone, where the dew is still on the roses...."  But I know that in the garden, on the earth, we are never alone, as "He walks with us, and He talks with us" no matter where life brings us, what circumstances we find ourselves, our Lord is there with us, His hand stretched out to take ours lest we slip, lest we lose our way, He is there to lift us up, strengthen us, and support us with His love, His mercy and grace.

The words from Solomons Song, to me are speaking this morning. I am on a vacation day this Friday, yes, how sweet, looking forward to what the Lord has for me this beautiful day and evening, and I was listening to the "Piano Only Friday" on Pursuing His Presence and looked up garden to see just what the Lord may have for me, as He touched my heart with the words of the song.  This song was my mother's favorite, last Saturday would have been mama's birthday.  Memories. God is so good. But I must get back to this moment that the Lord is giving me.

The words "You are a garden locked up", those words showing me that inside each of God's children is beauty waiting to be unfolded as we yield to His Spirit, as we let Him overtake our ways, our thoughts, our words.  Beauty that has yet to flow as He is waiting for just that right time, when we find ourselves so enbodied by His presence that nothing else will matter to us but pleasing our Lord, delighting Him with our actions, with our adoration.  When Jesus becomes our complete focus, I believe this garden of beauty will spring forth from us that will amaze us, amaze those around us and will change us for eternity.  "A spring enclosed, a sealed fountain" will begin to flow from us with living water from the throne of God.  He will begin to use us to bring forth His Word of healing and restoration that will touch the ones that have strayed, the ones that have lost hope, the ones that have given up.  The Lord will flow through us in streams of His power and mercy as we build up those needing just a word of encouragement, just a touch of love and grace that sometimes only we can give, as they are searching for that place they once were with the Lord. 

In me, I know there is so much more that the Lord has for me; I find it hard to be patient at times, but I also know that it is my own struggle with leaving the things of the world behind; my fight to rid myself of "me" thoughts and only have those thoughts of the Lord.  Asking forgiveness of this so often I believe has the Lord just shaking His head and smiling, He knows my heart and He knows the struggle we have with these things, these thoughts.  Human nature.  O my Lord, how I love You. I can feel Your touch this moment as I write these words, as I express my thoughts here.  No one understands me like You do, my Father.  No one loves me as You do. You give me the grace to come to You with all my thoughts, all my concerns. 

One day I will be in that eternal garden with my Lord.  The momentary visits to the Garden with my Lord will become a dwelling place for me with my King.  Until that day, I will live my life to the fullest as He provides daily for me.  I will give myself unto the Lord for His use, I will give my will over to my God, my Lord so that He can unlock that garden of blessings in me that He wants me to give to others, that the fountain of living waters will flow from Him through me to all that I touch with my words, my love from Him.  He has so much for each of us to do, so much He desires to do through us.  Draw unto the Lord; I draw unto You, my Lord.  He holds the key to what we are to become, what we are today, and what we will be tomorrow.  Unlock me Lord, I want to be Your voice, Your touch, Your message of love, peace and joy.

This 14th day of October, 2011, I am walking in the garden with my Lord, my Beloved Bridegroom, loving Him alone and desiring to be all He wants me to me in Him, my desire to be One with Him, totally His, mind, heart and soul.  My spirit rejoices in my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment