Wednesday, October 19, 2011

JESUS

1 John 4:18  "There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Jesus.  Jesus, the Lover of my soul.  I can remember when I had so much fear.  Nothing in particular, more over everything.  Fear of what would happen, what would I do; I use to have anxiety attacks driving my vehicle and had to take medication.  Although it was true anxiety, it was just fear.  I did not know the true love of my Lord.  I knew He loved me, the Bible told me so, but how often do you read and read and know it in your head but it does not resignate into your heart, into your spirit?  This was so many years ago, but I remember those times so well right now.  I believe the Lord is letting me see this so clearily so He can show me the difference that His love means to those that are consumed with fear. 

I feel the Lord will bring back memories of the past to us as He is going to have us use that experience in witnessing to someone in the near future that He will bring to us.  The Lord wants to bring the past to meet the present in me so I can be confident in His total love.  He wants me to remember where I was, how I felt and to see and have strongly placed in my spirit, in my heart and mind what His love did for me, what His love can do for others.  True love, the love of the Lord, this love transcends all fear into total peace.  His peace that brings relief to a troubled soul, to a weary warrior.  I know so many Christians that are still filled with fear.  Fear of tomorrow, what it will bring, their job, their home, and so often, their children.  The children; this is where the enemy strikes the hardest and the easiest at God's people.  It is the main place of vulnerability for parents.  But here also, the Lord loves you, He loves the children, and wants you to place complete trust in Him for their safety, for their care.

I feel like I am drifting here, Lord.  Wanting so to get what you what me to say across, but finding myself wanting others to truly realize Your perfect love covers all that they are concerned with.  The only love that You want us to give others is Your perfect love.  If we love with ourselves, we will be judging people, finding faults with them; forgive me Lord, as I know sometimes I have these thoughts of fault come into my mind; work on me sweet Holy Spirit, bring me to that love of the Father for those around me, in my life.  I want to love with that same love that is given me, from my Lord.  If I do not give His love to others, then I am not truly doing the work of my Father.  My only work, my place here is to worship Him alone and love others as He loves.  Not much of a requirement for eternal life is it?  And yet, that is it.  Love the Lord with all my heart and soul and love others as myself; and I believe as myself means the love I receive from the Father.  Complete, total, unchanging, everending. 

This love, given as we receive, will be the catalyst  to begin to remove fear.  As we love, as others receive this love, the love of the Lord, they will begin to love that way also and it will begin to remove the fear that hinders their walk.  They will feel so loved, they will feel the security of being loved so passionately by the Father, and their fear will subside as their faith and trust in Him increases.

Jesus.  Love.  Peace.  His Name carries everything that is good and perfect.  His name is beautiful to me, so beautiful.  Jesus, love personified, perfect love transcends peace to all.  Let me, Lord, transcend peace through love; as You love, so let me love.  Let me be found, let me be known for loving as You love.

This 19th day of October, 2011, my Jesus, my Love, my Peace; no fear is where You abide.  Thank You Lord for abiding in me.

1 comment: