Sunday, October 2, 2011

LEARNING THE WAYS OF GOD

2 Timothy 2:15  "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

How long, Father, before I no longer make these mistakes, these things that the enemy takes such glee at taunting me with.  I want to be the child You want me to be, to be the one who does everything just the way You plan for me to, just the way You want me to.  I try, You know I try, dear Lord, each day, refreshed from the rest You give me, the restoring of my body through this rest, fresh mercies, I am ready for what the world brings as I know You are with me.  And yet, something always manages to trip me up.  Not always, but more times than I  like.  Still the enemy can drop thoughts into my head.  Most of the time, I can reject them right away, but sometimes.....sometimes they linger there enough to make me feel like such a mess.  Just to give the enemy time to gloat thinking he has gotten me;  but when I feel that condemnation, I quickly run to You, my Lord, for You to take that from me.  But it sure would be nice if this wouldn't happen to me; if I could just learn Your ways, stay in the right lane on the path and not be subject to the gloating taunt of satan.  Yes, Lord, You are showing me something....pride.  I see it....pride.  Ouch, that hurts.  I did not think that would be what causes this. 

The Lord is telling me that I should not let the taunts of satan bother me.  He is telling me that it is a type of pride that wants to be free from these taunts. To think that I should not be bothered by these thoughts and attacks, that because I am a child of God this should not happen to me.  My precious Jesus says that He had to endure the taunting of the enemy while He was on earth and I should never expect to be different, or to have things different for myself as long as I seek to walk after Him, to follow Him, to be His.  Yes, Lord, I see; I will be tempted, tried and taunted by the enemy as long as I am physically on this earth.  We all will, for these are the ways of the world.  So, now, Lord, take me back to the beginning.  Let me start again to learn; to draw from You, sweet Holy Spirit, the lessons of each day; guide me to become more each day like Jesus, walking in love and grace like my Lord.  Give me Your strength my Lord, to walk each day in the knowledge of Your Word, living in You, letting Your Word pour through me like a river, never running dry; Your living Word, not a book, but Your living Word that restores me when I fall, refreshes new mercy on me each time as You lift me up and brush me off, telling me how much You love me, how You know I love You, and setting me back on the path again, each time further than where I was before as I have learned from each mistake, each fall. 

Precious Lord, You are so beautiful to me.  You give and You give and You keep giving to me Your love and grace, Your sweet joy, Your beautiful peace.  As I receive from You, all I want to do is to return this love, this grace, this joy back to you in praise.  I worship You, my Lord, my King, my Savior.  There is no one like You, no one.   This 2nd day of October, 2011, I lift my hands to You in worship, in praise, in adoration, my Jesus, my Lord.  I will learn, as You let me sit at Your feet, loving being in Your presence, I know You will teach me more, each day, each moment to live in You, to walk in Your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment