Sunday, October 16, 2011

HE REMEMBERS

Psalm 105:8  "He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations."

We never have to fear, for even those days we were on the wrong track, the path that was not the one that God planned for us; He remembers.  He remembers, and because He remembers, it was because of His remembrance of His covenant with His children that His hand reached to down to the very pit of destruction to lift us up.  His hand reached down to the bottom of the hole I was in, the hole you were in; remember when you called out to the Lord, desperate, so deep in sin you could not see any way out?  I remember well where I was when I called out to my Lord, Jesus is all I could say; Jesus.  It was because He remembered the promise He made so long ago that He lifted me up from that place, He lifted you up; lifted us up from the snare of the enemy and drew us into His loving, forgiving arms; holding us, restoring us, breathing new life into tired, worn bodies, so beat up by the enemy.  His healing balm of mercy and grace healing, soothing our bodies; His peace pouring into our spirits as he filled our hearts with His heavenly joy.  Do you recall that beautiful joy you felt as he held you and you knew everything was going to be alright because the Father had you in His arms?  Because the One that died at Calvary, precious Jesus my Savior, had made a way for you to be with the Father?  I will never forget that joy, that relief, that instant knowing that my Father had not forgotten, that my Father was the Keeper of the Word, and it never changes, not then, not now, not ever.  He is always the same, He will always remember.  We became whole again.

The Lord gave me reason again to desire life.  As He began to restore me, restore all that had seemed lost, my sick, sick spirit began to quicken with His touch, with His love, with the sweet Holy Spirit bringing new life into me; I had reason, I knew again that there was a purpose for my life, that the Lord had a plan for me and I had a desire to walk in that plan with the Lord.

He remembers; He will never forget one of His children that fall by the wayside.  Our Lord knows the struggles we will have here; He knows that life can overwhelm us, that is why he sent His beautiful Spirit to live in us, to guide and advise us, to constantly remind us of the Father's love, of who we are....the victors, not the defeated, the blessed, not the cursed, the beloved children of God.  We are who the Lord, who His Word says we are; not who the world says we are, not who the enemy says we are.  Never forget that the One who remembers all, will always remember you.

This 16th day of October, 2011,  my Lord, I thank You.  I thank You with all that is in me for not forgeting me when I forgot You, when I put myself above all I knew of You, all that was pure and good from You and slipped down that dark road.  Thank You,  my God for hearing my cry, for never letting go of me as I let go of You; for always keeping me in Your heart, in Your sight.  I love You so much, Lord, and I will never let go of You, ever again.  I will remember to keep Your Word close to my heart, always in my mind and resounding in my spirit.  Holy Spirit, my dearest friend, thank You for keeping that Light before me, that precious name of Jesus in me and holding me above the quicksand I was sinking in.  Beloved Savior, thank You for the gift of life You gave to me that day on Calvary, for Your never ending love.  Thank You Father, for remembering Your covenant with me, Your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment