Saturday, April 30, 2011

THE LORD'S FOOTSTOOL

Isaiah 66:1,2   "This is what the Lord says:  "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?  Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" declares the Lord. "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."

The Lord has shown me some things this week that I was confused on and tonight He has brought me to this place.  His presence has been so heavy for about the last two hours, here in this bedroom that I use for my office, where I write to Him, for Him, because of Him.  It is where I play worship music always when I am in this room, this is where I read His precious Word and where I worship Him.  This is where I call to Him, where I sing and minister to Him.  I sing in my bedroom also, and there is always worship music there, all night, constantly, but this room, this room is where He comes and joins me.  He listens to me worship Him, He reads the Word with me, explaining things, opening the scriptures to my understanding.  This little room is where He is showing me His Footstool.

I always thought I would worship Him at His footstool, it would be in Heaven.  But no, He is telling me, I am on His footstool.  This world, this earth is His footstool.  When I worship Him right here, wherever I am on this earth, I am worshiping at His footstool.  As I sit here, I sit at His footstool.  At His feet.  He is always with me....I can hardly type as His presence is so heavy now.

My Lord, here I am at Your footstool.  I don't want to be any other place but here, where you put me.  I don't want to be anything other than what You have made me to be, Yours.  To think I almost went out tonight, to Bible Study, but I felt so tired, so weary, from work, been so hard last few days of the month. But I am so thankful I decided to stay home, as I would not have missed this, I am so blessed, just to be here in Your presence.  To think I would have left and not been able to spend these few hours with You.  Just here with You, it is so glorious, so right.  I give all that I am, Lord, all my will, all my life, to You.  I just want to be with You, I just want You.  You are my desire.  How long, O Lord, before You return, how long before I can begin to spend eternity with You, never to have anything going on around me that is not pure worship to You.  I want to be in that heavenly choir that enthrones You with praises and pours heartfelt worship up to You twenty four hours a day. And more than that I want to sit at Your feet, feel Your hand upon me, hear Your voice speak softly, telling me You love me too; to feel Your breath upon me.

You have shown me that I am at Your footstool here on earth.  Amid all the sounds of the groaning of the earth as it fights its destiny, as the decay of sin is beginning to spread, the glee of those demonic spirits that think they have won this earth for their king.  But no, they don't know, or if they do, they don't believe that You will return for what is Yours.  Those people that are called by Your Name, Your people, will be lifted up from this decaying land.  You will trample satans armies under Your feet and You will declare a new earth.  You will wash us clean again.  You will restore our land, Your footstool.

But for now, as I worship, as I praise Your Holy Name, You will come and give me Your blessing, Your love as You sit with me in my little room.  You will be with me in my car, at my job, at church; no matter where I am You will be here with me.  At Your footstool, You will hold my hand, You will dry my tears of joy as I cry from Your Holiness spreading all around me.  At Your footstool, You will lead me through Your Word and teach me Your ways, Your wishes and plans.  You will listen to me worship You with all my heart, You will be touched as my soul cries out with longing for Your touch, Your presence and You will give me my heart's desire.

I worship at Your footstool, my Lord, with all my heart, I worship You.  I give You all honor, all glory, all of my love.  This 30th day of April, 2011, I sit at Your footstool, seeking only You, desiring only You, loving only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment