Saturday, April 16, 2011

TRANSCENDING LOVE

Hebrews 3:3-4  "Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.  For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything."

I just spent the last two hours watching a movie.  A love story, about a boy, a girl, and a house.  I had not watched this movie for years, I don't watch many movies, much less love stories.  It would just make me remember I am alone, all alone.  But tonight as I watched, it was different.  I knew it would be sad, beautiful but sad, but I was drawn to watch it.  The title doesn't matter as real love stories have the basic beginning and true love has the same ending.  The important thing here is the way the movie was played out to me.  Some might tell me I am too spiritual minded for any good, but I don't think the Lord thinks so and what He thinks is what is most important to me.  He likes me like I am, He is the one that has built the house I am in to be just like this, at this time in my life.  He wants my mind to always be fixed on Him and the things of Him.  That way, it makes Him the honored one in this house that is me.

What my Lord showed me was myself at an early age, falling so in love with Him.  I can remember loving the Lord, reading my Bible, singing to Him.  Not as I am now, but what was capable of myself at that age, and the understanding I had.  Probably had I been in a spirit filled church at that age, things might have been different as my knowledge of Him would have been deeper but things were what they were then.  But I loved the Lord as I best knew how.  Then He showed me how circumstances took me from Him, never His doing, my own.  My own lack of understanding.  Oh, this is so hard, I am so touched by His love and presence, but this is what He has given me for this night.  To share with you.

While I was absent from Him, He showed how He began to form the house I would finally occupy.  The Lord showed me that even though I was not thinking of Him, He never lost sight or thoughts of me.  He began to build a foundation that I could stand on that would not weaken when I needed strength.  He showed me the walls that were made of glass, so that I could not hide away from Him when I needed His understanding and cleansing most.  He could always see inside me and I would always be able to know He was there.  He showed me the vault, my heart, where He would pour love that would transcend anything I had every known.   Transcend, to go beyond the limits or powers of anything I would know.  This love would be higher or greater than anything I had ever known possible.  And it was His gift to me.  He showed me His blood, the very blood that He would shed for me, that blood that would guarantee my return to Him for eternity.

My Lord showed me my return, the beginning difficult, as I was torn between what I knew and what He wanted me to know.  I had so many ideas of what love was, how can one be so ...the only word I can come up with is stupid, but my Lord doesn't like that word.  He would prefer I use naive.  But I did not really know what love was.  He had to teach me.  He had to teach me how to love Him.  See, I thought I had to do something, to prove I was worth His sacrifice, and I kept trying and I kept failing.  So the beginning was a little rough, like this love story tonight.  A little stormy, heartaches, failures, misunderstandings.  But my Lord never gave up.  Kind of like the movie guy. He never gave up, kept trying, kept building, working on the relationship in his heart until it was shared.  My beautiful Lord, He never gave up on me, He kept working on this house for me, knowing one day I would occupy it, I would fit in it perfectly. 

He taught me about transcending love.  A love that is so much greater, so much more than you can imagine real.  My patient Lord, the Lover of my soul, taught me that real love requires no action, no trying, there is nothing to do for it, nothing to work on; this love that transcends all else is just heartfelt.  It grows in the heart through being loved in return.  From a love that shows you it is not going anywhere no matter what you do, how you behave, how you reject it; it never stops, never leaves and is always just given to you. 

For nothing I have done, but everything Jesus has done.  My Lord, my precious love, never once did You leave me, never once did You stop loving me.  I just did not understand that love, that depth, that sacrifice of love You had for me.  You have stopped at nothing to win me, to draw me to You, to have me for Your own.  Jesus, my Jesus...You waited for me.  You built the house and waited until I could see only You.  Then You showed me what was built for only me.  You showed me that no one could occupy this house but me, and You.  For this house is only a house without You in it.  You are the honored occupant of the house that makes it what it is.  I am here because You love me and this is what You do when You love, You build the house, You place Your beloved in the house, and then You dwell there with them as they love and worship only You.

Well, the love story ended with a love that would never die.  Old in age, the couple's love would never leave them again.  My Lord showed me as it was ending, that He would love me always and knew I would always be His.  He said our love would never end, in fact, He said it was actually only beginning.  One day soon, He would return for me, I would leave this earthly house He built for this time, this place, for the beginning of our transcending love and He would take me to another house that He has built for me.  This one would be more glorious than the earthly one, as it would be for eternity, centered around His throne. 

My precious love, I worship You.  I thank You for this house You built.  I thank You that You seal it with Your love and protection daily.  There is so much joy here but I know there is more to come.  This 16th day of April, 2011, You have taught me to love, to love You with transcending love.

No comments:

Post a Comment