Sunday, April 3, 2011

A HOUSE DIVIDED

Haggai 1:8-9  "Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the Lord.  "You expected much, but you see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the Lord Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains in ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house."

Have you considered the house of the Lord?  No, I am not talking about the local church, I am talking about the house inside of you, God's temple.  You are the temple of the Lord, your heart.  This house is the house He is so concerned with, wanting to inhabit this house.  While so many of us have cleaned our house, all the closets, under all the beds, all the dust bunnies gone, nothing inside our house that would defile the Holsy Spirit, making Him so very welcome to come in and live within us; there are those who have only straightened up some, not taking care that things would not filter back in.

When salvation came, up on that mountain of the Lord, He gave you the spiritual timber to build his house, all the things you needed to prepare for His indwelling in you.  Along the way, what happened, but discouragement came and a little crack appeared in the spiritual timber.  You began to build, but instead of keeping your eyes on the Lord, listening for His instructions for how the house was to be built, how it was to be tenderly and lovingly created within you, you just hurried up the process to get it done.  You had things to do, there were programs waiting for you to watch, movies to go to, and who says it is wrong to do some of the things you had been doing before.  It doesn't say in the Bible it was a sin.  But you had that word on the mountain and the Lords presence as He drew you to him.  Remember the freedom you felt.  But you wanted it your way.   Our God is a jealous God. He will not share His temple, you, with any vices, any other spirit other than His. It is not done. I don't care what you may read or hear.  God gives a lot of things to His children, shares so much, but HE WILL NOT share your heart with another god of any form.  It is all Him or he will blow away the every bit of work that seemed to be done there.  You will have to begin again.

Do not give up hope, do not think it is done.  The Lord loves you so much and is inviting you once again to His mountain to receive new spiritual timber.  He will fill you with the necessary supplies.  You will have the spiritual timber, His love, that will build a solid foundation around the walls of your heart.  You will receive the nails, His Word that will shore up the walls to make sure there is no leakage and that you have the necessary tools to battle with.  You will receive oil, the Holy Spirit, that will annoint your heart, will wash it clean inside all the rooms, all doors opened now, nothing hidden.  He will see that all is brought into the light, all exposed so you may repent and gain forgiveness, rendering a clean heart, a sparkling, white house for the inhabitation of the Lord.  But you must chose to surrender your all to Him, give Him access to your heart, your mind and your soul. Give everything to God.  You will find He will be so gentle as He comes in to help you clean house.  And it will be unlike any spring cleaning you have ever known.  There will be such a peace in you, a joy that you will not have known before and a love that has a way of filling every part of you.  And there will be the beautiful filling of your spiritual house with the Holy Spirit, He will feel wanted now and will stay.

Lord, I remember trying to come to you only part of the way.  It did no good. There was not the peace I had expected and wondered what was wrong.  You, my wonderful Lord, took me in Your arms and let me see that I could not be shared with all these things I thought had to be so important in my life.  What a fool I was.  But You did not let me go, all was cleansed and made whole by the Lamb's forgiveness and redemption. I now glorify in my Lord.  I sing your praises all the day long and I worship You in all beauty and righteousness unto You.

Father, dear Father, I ask again, this 3rd day of April, 2011 that you keep the broom going in my heart, never letting anything not of you get in there.  I love you so much, Lord and declare this day, that my heart, Your house is ready for you to come in and stay.  Thank you my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment