Friday, April 29, 2011

THE SNARE DID NOT GET ME

Proverbs 4:25-27  (Message)  "Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow attractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left, leave evil in the dust."

I almost got snared...almost.  The enemy is so subtle.  You cannot always recognize what he is doing unless you are really entuned to the Lord's voice.  You have to really be so wanting to hear the Lord's voice.

The Lord told me he wants me to move, I have mentioned this.  He told me in the fall. I am thinking September.  It will take money - time to accomplish this.  I will need some moving time so I need to save some of my vacation time for this, so much to think about.  But it will have been a year in September that the Lord first told me He was moving me.  The enemy knows this.  He knows the Lord has plans for me, something wonderful He is doing in me and with me.  So as it gets closer, and nothing he has tried so far to stop me has worked.  He began with the worship in my church, making me wonder who would take my place, what would happen, putting guilt on me.  Well, the Lord was quick to squash this one; He told me that it was not my problem, it was His.

Then satan tried the weather on me.  Telling me how much bad weather the area is subject to.  Well, that got him nowhere also, as the Lord gave me a perfect peace about it.  My Lord will take care of me, no matter where I am, He controls the weather, and He gives perfect peace to me.

Well, now satan is really getting dirty.  He knows how I feel about worshiping my Lord.  Satan knows I want to learn as much as I can about worshiping my God, and he knows I love to be where beautiful, heartfelt, corporate worship is going up to my Lord.  So he started stirring in me a desire to go to all the worship conferences that are being scheduled that I could.  One at the end of July, he really threw that one at me.  Three days in North Carolina, great speakers and teachers on worship.  One speaker I had watched DVD's by, on worship, it was so enlightening; read one of his books, good stuff.  So exciting to me, me who loves to worship the Lord. 

To add to the excitement of the conference, I would get to meet a friend that I love so dearly, as she lives near by and could come to the conference also.  So here I was beginning to make plans, to schedule vacation time, check airline schedules and costs....so why was I feeling so distressed this morning.

I was excited last night, so excited.  But this morning I was so heavy with a grieving spirit.  Why was I no longer excited?  Only a few hours had passed. But now there was a terrible uneasiness in me when I was thinking about it.  I was looking at scheduling vacation and seeing what would be left for my moving time.  I could hardly think about it I was so distressed.

I only know to do one thing.  I took a break and got my phone.  I brought up the Bible app on it and began to read the Word.  It was not necessarily what I was reading, I can't even remember now.  But it was by reading the Word I was tuning in to the Father, I was going into His realm, His spiritual realm.  It didn't take long for me to begin to hear His voice, softly talking into my spirit.  He told me He knew I loved to worship Him and wanted to constantly, but that I was being deceived, and it was the enemy doing it. 

My Lord told me that satan was trying to pull me from the plan He had for me, trying to fix it so I would have neither the time or money (and the Lord has being providing extra to put aside for the move) to move.  It would all be spent going all over the country under the guise of me believing I was in God's will to attend these conferences at this time.  The Lord told me I would be going to them, just not right now.  He also reminded me that when I first found out about this conference, He had told me, not this one.  But with time passing, satan tried afresh with new vigor.  But the Lord wanted me to keep my eyes on what He had planned for me at this time.  To move to the place where He has things in place for me to begin my life anew doing what He has prepared for me to do for His Kingdom.  Immediately I felt my spirit lift up; the load of heaviness remove from me as I began to see what was happening.

See, satan can be such a smooth talker, he can have you believing this is the Lord telling you to go here, go there.  Oh, you so need to know the Lord's voice, you need to be able to distinguish it from the enemy.  If the Lord's voice is speaking to you, you will know in your spirit it is He.  When it is the enemy speaking, you will as I, if you are truly in the Lord, begin to feel such a heaviness in your spirit. You know that there is something wrong here.

Thank you, my Lord, for showing me I was being distracted from the path you have set my feet on.  I know you will have worship conferences for me that will be in your timing.  I need to stay focused and do things as You put them in place for me, not my time and certainly not the enemys.  Your plan for me, my wonderful Lord is what I want in my life.  I am so excited that you have such plans for me.  I will go with you my Beloved, where you lead me, I will follow.

I love you, Jesus.  With all my heart.  The big British royal wedding was today and I could only think of the most wonderful royal wedding in the world.  When You, my King and Prince of Peace, come for me, your Bride to take me to Your palace for eternity.  I will keep myself unto You, to be ready when ever it is the time for You to come for me, for Your Bride.

This 29th day of April, 2011, I am following after You, my Lord, following after You and only listening to Your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment