Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DRAWING FROM THE WELL

Revelation 21:6 (Message)  "Then he said, "It's happened.  I'm A to Z. I'm the Beginning.  I'm the Conclusion.  From Water-of-Life Well I give freely to the thirsty."

Do you ever feel so thirsty, and after drinking what seems to be a large amount of water, you are still thirsty.  Nothing seems to quench that thirst?  I have had moments like that where I could not get my fill of water.  And I find myself thirsty again.  Only not for water.

I am thirsty for the things of God.  From the A to the Z.  From the Beginning to the End.  Every part of the Lord, I am thirsty for.  I have learned so much this last year.  I am being taught by the Master.  I feel as though I am sitting at the feet of my precious Lord and being hand fed His Precious Word.  But the more I learn, the more I find I have to learn.  There seems to be no end of the majesty of my Lord.  Just when He shows me a new truth, the insight of another wonderful mystery, I find there are more to discover. 

The first thing I learned from my Lord was His wonderful love.  Isn't it just like Jesus to make you feel so loved at the very beginning.  This, He showed me, was so I would learn to trust Him.  You cannot trust someone that doesn't love you, that you don't love.  So that was the first lesson.  Love.  So simple and yet so deep.  I did nothing to make Him love me, the Lord just did.  It was the plan He told me, the Father's plan for His children.  Always loved, chastised at times, but always loved.  Then, of course, came trust.  This lesson was not always easy to understand.  I really had to search for the answers sometimes.  Some days it was easy, but then when the trials came, the temptations, the valleys.....those were the hard days.  But the Lord was here, just like He told me in His Word, He never left me, not once.  When I slipped and fell, just as He told me, His hand came down and He lifted me back up, forgave me, and there was the love.  Still there, never waivered, always strong, unconditional.  I learned to trust.  I trust my Lord with my entire being.

The next lesson I learned was His will for me was so much better than mine.  I learned His will was perfect.  Mine, well, what do you think... It took a little while, but once I conformed my will to His, things began to happen, blessings began to flow.  With my surrendering of my will, also went control.  I gave complete control to the Lord.  He began to move in my life like I would have never believed possible.  He is still moving things around to put me in place to do what He has planned for my life.  So exciting, His plans are.  I never remember any of my plans for my life so breath takingly wonderful.  I am so glad for my Lord's leading me, teaching me.

From the well of knowledge and wisdom, I am learning how to know what the Lord intends for me, what He wants me to do.  I find in His Word so many life sustaining messages.  Do you ever think they were put there just for you?  I do.  I find a verse and it becomes so alive to me, it fits the situation just perfectly.  I know the Lord already knew that this day, this moment I would be reading that verse and He made it open up for me to truly understand what He was trying to get me to understand.  Giving me that life saving water from His beautiful well.  I draw from the well of life of the Lord daily.  I cannot live on yesterday, I  must have the fresh Word each day.  More water from the well.  There is so much more to learn about my Lord.

The beautiful water of life words, "Peace, be still", "I come that you might have life abundantly", "Come unto me, all ye that are weary and I will give you rest" "Fear Not".  These are just a few of the springs of living water that rise up out of the well of God's Word.  There is not another well on earth that can flow through you like the Word of God.  It brings rest to the weary, peace to the anxious, joy to the broken hearted, and love to the forgotten. 

The wonderful Word of God.  There is meaning anew for each day.  Life sustaining breath.  Just from reading the Word.  How amazing is that, my Lord, that You give us water from a river that never runs dry.  As I thirst for more of You, as I read Your Word, You teach me more and more about You.  You show me that I need not fear anything as I am in You.  You love me and You know all about me.  Nothing I do surprises You.  I know before I take a breath You know just how long it will be before I exhale.  Every detail about me.  I am Yours.  I trust You completely knowing You will never leave me, You will never let me down.  Everything that concerns me, concerns You.  My God.  My Lord.  My All.  A to Z, the Beginning and the End.  The First and the Last.  The Alpha and the Omega.  My God.

This night, 20th of April, 2011, I am leaning on the Rock.  I am sitting at the feet of my Lord and Master, I am learning from my Teacher, I am drawing from the Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment