Monday, April 25, 2011

TOTAL TRUST

Psalm 84:12  "O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You."

What a wonderful weekend, Lord.  Thank You for all the blessings You have given me this weekend.  The services at Destiny were such a blessing to me, my visit with my friends, everything has been wonderful.  You always see to everything and I am so blessed of You.  I love Your presence with me, no matter where I go, I know You are with me.  That is the best part of every day.

Last night, as I watched all the warnings on TV of the tornados that might happen, there was a strange sense of calmness in me.  I say strange as I remember how terrified of bad weather I have always been.  Even in Houston, I always feel a little uneasy when bad weather comes.  But last night watching, there was a difference in me.  I awoke around 4 this morning to a real loud light and thunder show outside.  It was really bad weather and my Lord, I was calm.  I was totally at peace during the storm.  I am so amazed at what You have done in me.  The total peace in my life.  I know it only comes from the total trust I have in You.  No fear of life, or what it holds, as I know You hold me in the palm of your hand.  It is You that is the keeper of my   life.  Not me, not this world, but you my Lord.

Remember, Father, how I would cringe when weather would turn bad.  And don't think the enemy has not been whispering in my ear telling me how many thunder storms come across this area that we don't have in Houston.  But the enemy also does not recognize the new person You have made in me.  He doesn't realize that I have total trust in You in all things. And now his words of fear fall on deaf ears.  The only fear in me is of my God, an awesome, loving fear of the Lord that plans my days for me, and gives me strength and courage to face what ever comes as I know You are with me constantly.

I wish to thank You again my Lord, for Your blood shed for me.  It is because of that blood, that precious blood You shed for my sins, for my redemption and salvation, that gives me the right to completely trust in You.  Without that sacrifice, I would not know the peace, the joy of You, my Lord.  I have that peace and joy because You are the Rock of my salvation, the everlasting light given to me to guide me throughout any dark area that may come upon my life.  You put light into a world that would tend to swallow me up in its misery and shame.  I am a product of that light in You.  You share with me the love and fellowship of the Father, giving to me what is Yours, sharing with me the eternal life that comes from the love of the Father.  Never ending love, precious atonement for me, each day of my life.

I am still so encased in yesterday, Resurrection Sunday, knowing the significance of that remembrance of the price You paid to give me this peace I have.  I want to worship You each moment, giving to you so much love, all I am, all I will ever be, totally giving it to You.  My Lord Jesus, You are the love I never thought possible, the joy that I feel each moment, You are the thought I have in the morning when I wake up, and the longing I have all through the day.  The longing just to worship a Savior that deserves all the glory, all the honor and all my worship forever.  You so deserve all praise, Lord, all praise.

This 25th day of April, 2011, I want my life to go where You lead, be where You are, and spend my days loving You as You love me.  Together, I want to be a shadow to You and of You. I want to be so close to You, I am as a shadow, a reflection of Who and What You Are.  My desire, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment