Tuesday, April 12, 2011

LAMP TO THE SOUL

Luke 11:34  "Your eye is the lamp of your body.  When you eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness."

It is so strange, Lord, to see for the first time, actually, this verse.  I know I have read it before, probably many times, but today I saw it.  I went to that section of Luke this morning as part of praying some scripture over some friends and when I finished I began to read the scriptures across from it. When You showed me this verse, Lord, it just jumped into my spirit.    I pray Father, You give me the words You want me to write here.  Just You Lord, just You.

What I am seeing here is that the Light that comes into our life, the only Light that I can see is our Lord Jesus.  We bring that Light into our bodies by looking at the Lord.  Seeking after Him, seeking His face.  Our eyes control what comes into our minds, our hearts and our souls.  If we are seeking the Lord, Him alone, then we have pure light coming in to our bodies.  This Light will be a constant source of strength to our bodies, peace to our spirits and joy to our hearts.

When I was thinking on this scripture this morning, this came back to me.  I had a customer come into my office one day and was carrying on about how good he thought I was looking, actually to the point of "too much" to suit me, but then he stopped and said, "there must be a man involved here, is there", and before I could say anything to him, he looked at me again and pointed up and said, "it's Him, Jesus".  I smiled and told him yes, it was my Lord.  He then told me, he knew, as he could see Jesus in my eyes.  I have never in my remembrance had anyone on earth tell me something that gave me such joy and such a thrill.  To think that my eyes showed my Lord in me.  How could anything be more wonderful.  It still warms my heart so much.

But the eyes. The eyes see everything.  I believe that whatever you see flows into your mind, into your body.  I also feel that you can shut off something you see, should it be accidental that you see something that is not of the Lord, by instantly asking God to remove it from you, to stop that flow into your body of any perverted, evil thing.  The enemy wants so much to cloud your vision and put darkness into your spirit where only light should be.  So instantly reject those things, don't give them entrance.  Those people that intentionally look upon such things, fill their bodies, their minds, hearts and spirits with darkness.  And we know that where darkness abounds, light is absent.  So when a Christian, yes, in circumstances, the enemy uses the eyes to bring down our brothers and sisters, looks upon things of the world and doesn't ask the Lord to help them reject these things, darkness enters and the Light leaves.  As children of the Lord, it is our responsibility when we see this happening to go to them and restore their sight.  We need to bring the Light back into their situation immediately before they get complacent with their situation.  All kinds of things can cause one to fall, and we don't walk in their shoes, so never should there be judgment on our part, just love and a helping hand, prayer and love.

What are you looking at?  So many shows on TV and movies have just a little of this worldly thing, so much of that.  Thre is so much of the world in these that after a while some get to where they don't notice it. It is so subtle you don't always notice it taking place.  The first note of it is in your body, in your spirit.  It just snuck in, that darkness.  A little at a time, until it completely eliminated the Light.  We must do whatever is necessary to keep this from happening.  If there is darkness, something tht would give you a problem, shield your eyes, do not look at it.  This is a responsibility that should be taken seriously.  We do not know when our Lord is returning.  We cannot have darkness inside us, only His light.

We need to sharpen the focus of our eyes.  We need to develop tunnel vision.  Our eyes should focus only on the Lord, the giver of Light.  The maker of our bodies, our eyes.  Our eyes should be kept clear, our vision not impacted by worldly things, focused on the things of the Lord.  Our eyes are for reading His Word, for sharing His light.  Our eyes should reflect the Lover of our soul in them.  Our eyes should reflect our love for our Lord.  Our eyes should shine with the glow of joy that is in our hearts, our spirits because of the great love of God.  There should be a sparkle in our eyes from the Holy Spirit dancing around in them.  See the Holy Spirit is there as a filter in your eyes to make sure only light is coming through and not dark, but you must ask for this, daily; Holy Spirit, please let me only look on the good of the Lord, please protect my eyes from focusing on evil, on darkness.  We must ask for His help, and we must thank Him for His protection, for His guidance.  People, this is so serious.  The Lord needs His children to protect our eyes.  They are the light to our souls, they are what

No comments:

Post a Comment