Thursday, April 21, 2011

DRINK YE ALL OF IT

Matthew 26:26-27  "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.  And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it."

This was the scripture in the newspaper this morning. Each morning there is a scripture on the editorial page of the newspaper.  I don't really read it like I use to, but I look through it quickly and then look to see what scripture is there.  As I read it this morning, and I know this scripture, we have heard this one used a lot during communion service at church.  But this morning, the words just jumped out at me. I don't know if I ever really paid attention to them like I did earlier today. Don't know if they ever registered to me.

 "Drink ye all of it."  The Lord quickened my spirit and told me, "All of me, I want you to have all of me, everything that I have for you, not just part but all".  There is so much to the Lord, so much He wants to give us, to share with us.  How many of us just take part of what the Lord has to offer and seem to be okay with that part, not even seeking Him to get all He has for us.  A lot of times, it is not our fault when this happens, as church upbringing has neglected to fully show us the whole of the Lord.  There is  just this much we are taught and this is all we know.  Unless we seek Him on our own, unless we are lead by the Holy Spirit for the truth, for the completeness of our Lord.

We know of His forgiveness; we understand His unconditional love, but do we understand what He truly desires the most.  Our Lord wants us to know Him, to center our lives around Him, to desire Him above all else.  Jesus wants to spend time with us, letting us get to know Him.  He is the Bridegroom and He wants us to get to know Him, just like a suitor would His perspective Bride.  Jesus wants us to become so "in to Him" that we will automatically think of Him each moment of the day.  We will need to have Him near us, we will be wanting to worship Him, glorify His Holy Name.  He will pour out His precious love on us so we will be left wanting more and more of Him.

My Lord, I so want to spend all my time with You.  Today Lord, I went to the Biblical Museum to see the painting of the Resurrection.  I was amazed at the beauty of the picture.  But there was another picture that struck me by it's story it was telling.  Jesus, you were holding the bread, which I knew was the bread of life and behind you was the cross, the crucifixation.  The blood shed.  The whole story, all of it, all of you, given completely for me. And your eyes, your beautiful eyes, were looking at me, as if you were saying just to me "for you, I died for you".  I have known this Lord, but You wanted me to know it especially today, to know of your great love for me, this weekend.  Telling me once again that I am your beloved.

Drink all of it, every drop of what You have for me.  You have such plans for me.  You have healing for me,  You have miracles for me.  You have grace for me.  There are endless blessings for me.  All in You.  I love You so Lord.  I want all of You, everything there is I want it.  I want to wake up in the morning with worship on my lips thanking You for Your wondrous love for me, I want to always remember the sacrifice of Your life given for me so I might have my life in You.  All of You.

This 22nd day of April, 2011, as I proclaim my love and adoration for You, my Savior, I am drinking from the cup of Your love, Your salvation, Your peace.  I am drinking all of it, all of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment