Sunday, May 1, 2011

YOUR WAY ALONE

Psalm 17:4,5  (Message)  "I'm not tryng to get my way in the world's way.  I'm trying to get Your way, Your Word's way.  I'm staying on your trail; I'm putting one foot in front of the other. I'm not giving up."

This is not what I thought was intended for tonight Lord.  But when I was getting the scripture for what I thought You wanted me to write, You brought me to this instead.  Could it be our experience this afternoon?  I am not sure, but, I will share it.  I had been thinking of getting this pressure cooker by a popular chef, my sister-in-law and niece both have it and have raved about it.  So here it was on a shopping channel and the price seemed good, no shipping, no handling. So I called my sister-in-law and she said that was an excellent price.  So I decided okay, this must be the right time to get it, easy pay and all, good price.  So I called them up. Well I don't usually order anything here so I had to speak to the lady, gave her my phone number.  I had ordered years ago so she put in the old number and then decided to start it fresh. Well, I want you to know she could not leave the screen she was on.  She tried for several minutes, apologizing to me all the while.  She finally decided to transfer me to customer service and let them complete this for me. Well, funny thing, it would not let her transfer me.  Of course by this time, I am getting the full picture.  I told her it was perfectly alright, I could see I was not to order this. She, of course, was saying, no we can get this, and I said, no, I am really not to order it. I assured her if there was a time I could, I would surely call again. Thanked her, blessed her day and hung up. 

This is a bold move on the part of my God.  He is going to see that nothing gets in the way of His plans that He has for me.  Not my way, I see it clearly now, Father, not my ways but Yours only.  If You have to be bold and step in, You will.  It is easy to get side tracked.  As you have seen, the enemy is truly trying to slip things by me to keep me from staying on the path of God.  All the things that you see, the things that you hear, the enemy's voice slyly whispering in your ear so many things.  Blinding you to the truth of the Word, BUT NO, it is not going to work here.  The Lord, with only your permission, as you have to give Him your will, give Him control over your life, the Lord will keep you in His care, He will protect you, even from yourself. But as He has the perfect plan, and I so want to follow only my Lord, He knows my heart and He is faithful to help me.

I want to follow only You, Lord.  Help me Father, help me, I pray to keep my mind focused only on You.  Help me follow Your ways as I learn from Your Word, as I learn what is pleasing to You.  I want to live my life so that it blesses You, Lord.  I want to live in a manner that when people talk of me, it puts a smile on Your face.  I want You to be proud of me Lord.  I don't want to cause you to be ashamed of me, I don't want to grieve my precious Holy Spirit, who walks daily with me, who lives in me, who teaches me, who leads me into the presence of my King.  I want to walk with my head held high, face shining with the love of my Lord, my eyes showing clearly to whom I belong, showing the love I have for my Lord.  I don't want any actions on my part causing anyone to stumble in their walk, Lord.  Keep me on the straight path to Your glorious throne.  Lord, please don't let people put their eyes on me, let me only lead them to You.  Let their eyes be on You alone.  I will fail them Father, not wanting to, but I am not perfect as You are, my Lord.  Your ways are perfect and they will never be disappointed in You. 

Well, my Lord, this has taken some turns.  I should be use to this by now, but You still surprise me, You still amaze me as to where You take me in these writings.  I thank You Father for Your trust in me, Your faith in me to let me write what You give me, what You inspire here.  I thank You for letting me sidestep sometimes and just worship You, just give to You all my love.  I do love You so much, Lord.  There are not words to express my love for You, just as I know I can never find the words to truly express the love You have for me, for all Your children.  We can never truly know the depth of Your love for us.  I know there is no other love such as Yours, You have given so much, so very much, just to draw us to You, just to give us everlasting life in You.  Thank You Father for Your Son, Jesus.  Thank You my Jesus, for the sacrifice You made to save my soul, to give me that wonderful relationship with the Father I now find myself so encased in.  My Savior, my Redeemer, my Holy Lord Jesus.  I lift Your Name on High with all praise and honor, my King.  I thank You, Jesus, for leaving behind Your Holy Spirit, so I would never be without Your presence, without Your guidance, without the feeling of Your love; always with me, never leaving me.  I never want to grieve You, Holy Spirit, I give You honor in this temple, my heart.  Sweet, sweet, Spirit, how I love You.

I am done, Lord.  Totally complete in Your presence once again.  What a wonderful place I have found myself these last few nights.  How blessed I am by You, by Your presence, by Your love.  A new month began today, Lord.  The days go quickly, even though they seem to be complete in themselves.  You make all things complete for me, and give me new days to look forward to, my future with You.  This 1st day of May, 2011, I know, without a doubt, I have a wonderful future with You, in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment