Tuesday, May 10, 2011

HE IS THE ANSWER

2 Corinthians 4:17  "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

There are so many hurting people.  So many troubles, so much heartache.  I see a number of people every day, talk to some, I am on prayer chains and hear of deaths, illness, problems.  So many problems.  I have had more than my share also, and as I look back at them....now, from this side of the problems, having walked through them, gotten past the worse part, that is how I see it now, as the worse part.  I know without any doubt that I could not have gotten on this side of the troubles, so many were devastating, loses of loved ones, heartaches that I never would have dreamed could subside; such pain at times I suffered under the hands of others; the pain of never having children; so many things.....yet, I know, never, never could I have gotten here where I am without the wondrous love of the Lord.  I can remember times that I did not want to live, as death seemed more acceptable than living through another day of what I was in, surely the Lord would have allowed me to die...but no, that was not in His plan for me.  Instead, He chose to pour His redeeming mercy on me and lift me up, out of my misery, out of my grief, out of my pain; He chose to lift me up and teach me how to walk with my head held high.  He showed me that I could walk through anything, anything was possible when I was letting Him do the leading.  All I had to do was follow, hold tightly onto His hand, and He would lead me through everything. 

My God did just that.  He took my hand, He poured His Light on the path and walked me right through it all.  All the dark days I look back on now, seeming so impossible at the time, were made livable through my Lord, my precious Lord.  I really do not know, my Lord, why we are in this place right now, talking about this.  Why this night, why, when nothing is wrong, things are so good, I am at such a peace, have so much joy in You.  The only thing I can think of is so others can see that with You, all things are possible.  That there is nothing so bad, nothing so impossible that You can not turn it around for the child that will call on Your Name.  When there seems to be nothing, no one, there is always my Lord.  There is nothing He cannot do, that He won't do for the child that has calls out to Him, asks forgiveness for their sins, (and yes, I know a lot of times, we think we have not done anything wrong....what do we need forgiveness for...well, think about it, not calling on the Lord, not worshiping Him, thinking of only ourselves, pitying ourselves....too much pride to ask Him for help.....yes, we need to ask forgiveness).  The Lord is waiting to help each of us, just waiting for our pride to fall away, love for Him to rise up and call on His name.

Who am I, that I thought I could do things on my own....I failed miserably, but when I called, my Lord was listening for my voice and drew me to Him, showed me the right way to go, and walked with me the entire way.  He never left my side, and to this day has not.  The Lord will not leave one who is constantly seeking Him, Jesus is there, every step of the way.  To show you that no matter the problem, no matter how you have been treated, no matter how much you think you hate yourself, He is the answer.  He is the only answer.

Jesus is the answer to loneliness, heartache, illness, depression.  There is nothing He cannot change, there is nothing that He does not want to change for you.  But He will not push Himself on you.  You must call out to Him for help, He just waits, He waits for you to finally see that He is the answer to all your problems.  Call Him and He will come to you as He did to me, lift you up, hold you while you cry, love on you until you feel so loved, so special, your life will take on new meaning.  Your life will be one that you will want to live, the Lord has plans for your life.  Let Him take you on that path, in His Light, to the life He has for you.

I am now on the other side of the painful path.  I know there will be other things that will come, things that will hurt me, grieve me, but I know I will not walk through it alone.  No matter what this life brings my way, I know my Lord will be right by my side.  He is not going anywhere and He will be holding my hand in His, I will not fall.  Ths 10th day of May, 2010, I am so in love with my Lord.  He is my life, He is my everything, and I know that He alone, only He is the Answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment