Sunday, May 8, 2011

BILLBOARDS FOR LIFE

Psalm 19:7-8  (Message)  "The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.  The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.  The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes."

My Holy Lord, I want to first thank You for this beautiful day, the blessings You gave, that You poured out from beginning to now the end of my day.  Church this morning, where I went to worship You, my King, my Beloved, and then this afternoon to hear the Gaithers Homecoming Concert.  Four hours of wonderful praise and worship to my Lord, giving You, Almighty God, glory and honor.  I am so blessed this evening as the waves of adoration still resound in my ears.  I thank them for blessing and honoring my wonderful Lord.  For drawing praise from those that were there, to encourage them to honor You.  I ask Your blessings on their travel this night or tomorrow to their next destination, Lord.  Travel mercies.

As I was traveling over there to where the concert was, about a 50 mile trip, I noticed how all the way was well marked with road signs, no concern about losing ones way, didn't even need to take out the GPS, the way was clearly marked.  But as I noticed all the road signs, highways and regular streets, I found myself comparing this to the directions You have placed in Your Word for me, for us.  All the signs are there, "walk this way, stay off that road, take this path....".  Your Word is full of meaningful directions for us, all that is needed is that we read what You put there for us.  I can remember times when I was younger in my spiritual walk with You when a lot of what I read did not reach me.  It just did not seem to penetrate my being like I would have wanted.  But now I understand that until we are willing to let go of ourselves, give total control of our lives, of our hearts, minds to you, the mysteries of Your Word will be just that, a mystery.

Now, though, my Lord, I know Your heart, it is entwined with mine, as I belong to you totally, I want to see what You have written in the Word, I don't want anything hidden from me ever again. I belong to You, Lord God, Your child, no holding back from me, Yours alone.  I want to know everything that You have for me.  I want to read Your Word and have those verses come alive, to literally dance before my eyes.  I want to read, ponder, read and have You reveal Yourself to me in these words.

I know that You have all the directions for my life written in this wonderful Book.  Your Word is my most loved Book, I love to read it to see what You have to tell me this day, this moment.  You have my very life explained in it.  From before I was born You tell me You loved me, that You had a plan for my life.  Before my tomorrow ever arrives, You know what will happen in it.  And You know how I will react to every word spoken to me, every action done to me; just how I will respond.  My Lord, all I can do is pray that You guide me, shield my mind and heart.  I want to do nothing displeasing to You, Lord.  I want to glorify You with every word I speak, everything I do, I want it to honor You, I want my life to be praise to You.

Lord, please annoint me each morning that you rise me out of bed.  Annoint me so I may carry out the plans You have for my day.  Pour fresh upon me Your love, Your grace and mercy so I may pour out of myself onto those You send my way.  Your plans, Your directions are written easily to understand, there are no complicated twists and turns, it is plainly written that I am to love as You love,  I am to forgive as You forgive, I am to give as all I have is Yours, freely received, give as freely, I am never to judge, as not to be judged myself.  I am to remember that what I am, what I have been given, what I know, is by grace alone, Your grace.  I have done nothing that would earn me anything.  The blessings You give to me cannot be purchased by me, as they were purchased by something I could not give, Your blood.  Your precious blood purchased life for me, eternal life; all blessings that flow from that were by Your grace alone.

My Beloved Lord, You are the air that I breathe.  You, whom my soul seeks constantly, needing Your presence, needing and desiring Your company.  Your constant presence is my hearts desire.  I give all I am to You, my Lord, all that I am.  I love You beyond anything I can think of, any words I can say.  You are my everything.  On this 8th day of May, 2011, I ask but one thing of You, my Lord.  Come soon, Lord Jesus, Come Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment