Friday, May 13, 2011

CHOSEN

Matthew 22:14  "For many are invited, but few are chosen."

Wondering today about what I am doing for the Lord.  Why was I chosen to do the things the Lord has me doing?  Sometimes I think my Lord gets a little weary of me constantly asking all these questions, and at other times I feel He likes that I think of these things.  But I truly was wondering why chose me?  I know I was called by Him to work where I do, as I give comfort and encouragement to others there.  I know He called me to write my blog, each night for a year, after that I don't know what He will tell me about that.  I know I am to have it bound at the end of the year for family and some friends. But after that year, I don't know if He still wants me to do it. I guess I will find out.  I believe a lot of the every night for a year is about obedience, and dedication to Him.  Making what He told me to do a priority. But I am wandering again.

I know the Lord has me sharing what He gives me with a number of people.  Even in church, He calls me to do things I would never do on my own.  I feel as though some people just look at me sometimes, kind of just tolerating me, wondering where I get such stuff to say, wondering how I know some things. Thinking what makes her think she can do this or that.  I was pretty unsure of what I was doing there for a while.  I just knew the Lord told me to do it, called me to follow Him and obey His instructions for me, for my life.  God is so good to me. He sent me confirmation of what I was doing through several friends.  One told me that I should never let other people deter me or put down what God was doing in me.  They told me that the enemy was using these people to keep me from doing my Father's work.  I think that is true in a lot of our cases.  The enemy, when he can't get to us, will use those around us, friends, family members, to try to put what we are doing for the Lord down, to discourage us. 

But when you know the Lord is calling you to His service, to His ministry, you know in your spirit that it is true.  The Holy Spirit will not lie to you. He will lead you into what the Lord is calling you to.  You will know you are called by the fact that you will be changed from the inside out.  Your behavior will change, you will flow in the spirit of the Lord no matter what you are doing. People will see that flow of the Lord's spirit through you and there is no denying that you have a calling.  When my Lord called me to be His worshiper, He changed me.  He took a singer, someone who sang on the Praise and Worship team and made a worshiper out of me.  Now I don't sing on the team, I worship on the team.  I now help to lead worship.  And that worship is in me constantly, all day, at night when I awake, I worship my Lord.  The Lord called me to worship and He trained me how to worship like He required, into what would please Him, and I followed into what He had for me to do.

My Lord is giving me strength and enpowering to minister to people when asked.  If it is speaking to one person, or to a dozen or more, when it is what He determines, there is no fear, no nervousness, just knowledge that this is what my Lord wants me to do.  The Lord makes available all I need to do what He calls me to, He makes it available to everyone He calls....but not all want what is offered, what He wants to give them.  The cost is too great.  Not everyone who is invited is called.  Invited is one thing.  The Lord invites us all, but unless we are willing to lay down everything of this world, to follow after only Him, we will not be called.  When we are invited to "come", it is necessary that we do so willingly, excited to follow our Lord, to serve Him alone.  But unless we rid ourselves of the old man, totally give all unto the Lord, we will not be called.  We will not be chosen.    For example, lets say a bride to be calls all her friends to come to her house to talk about being bridesmaids.  They all know she can only chose so many, but they come. When the bride tells them the expenses involved, the amount of time it will take, the personal things they will have to give up during this time to help with all the planning of the wedding, well, then it takes on a different tale.  So many will then decide they don't want to give what it will take to do this, so they will not be chosen. Inability to commit oneself totally will result in not being chosen.  The Lord will not share His chosen with the world.

So now I am chosen by my Lord, my precious Lord.  I commit everything I have to my Lord's service, to His ministry.  What He has given me to do I know will increase as He sees me faithful in these things, I know He will add to what I have.  I want to do all I can for Him, I want to please Him with my life, with who He has made me to be.  My Beloved Lord, I give myself unto You, today, tomorrow, for eternity.  I love being Your chosen.  You have honored me, my King.  The most important chosing that I have been chosen for, is to be in the Bride of Christ.  Humbled before my Lord, I am so humbled by Him to be His Chosen.

This 13th day of May, 2011, my Lord, my precious Lord, thank You for chosing me, Your servant to serve, honor and worship You.  Chosen to be Your Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment