Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MY TIME TO WORSHIP

Hosea10:12 "Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, until He comes and showers righteousness on you."

For more nights that I can remember, I am talking months here, I have woke up about 2 in the morning.  Sometimes a little after, sometimes about ten minutes to, but close enough to two to settle on that time.  Well, last night, the pattern was the same. It does not matter what time I go to bed, early or late, this is the pattern.  I woke up and looked at the clock, one minute after 2 a.m.  I just lay there, listening to the worship music that always plays on my I-Pod all night and began to worship, but then I stopped and decided, this night I would ask why....why was I always waking up at this time.  So I asked, "Lord, what is it about 2:00 in the morning, what is it, why am I always woke up now, at this time?"  Almost instantly, into my spirit the Lord answered me "Because it is your time to worship me".  Tears welled up in my eyes as I began to laugh with joy. 

In the next instant, I was recalling what a friend describes as his view of what heaven will be like for us worshippers.  The way he sees it was as such.  There will be a lot going on, we will be worshiping but not all the time, for there are other things to do.  He will be visiting with King David, they will have a lot to talk about; psalms and songs and all.  Then he will need to visit Mary of Bethany cause she invited him to come by, lots of things going on.  But then at 6 PM, that is his favorite time, he will be called to the main arena, it will be his time to go and worship the Lord in the throne room.  He will be in the magnificent presence of the Lord, Almighty God to worship and glorify the Lord.  To honor Him.  There will be an assigned time when you are expected.

So as I lay there for a few minutes crying as the presence of the Lord was so great, thinking about this assigned time in the heavens, I began to sing along with the music playing.  I began to worship my Lord.  After a while I began to sing from my heart, the songs the Lord loves most, the ones that no one has written before, the songs that come from the depths of our spirits so filled with love and adoration that they are one time only songs.  The only remembering of them will be the Lord, for it is out of the heart, the spirit that these songs come, not from the head.  I could feel His righteousness flooding my body, to the depths of me.  I could feel His love pouring out onto me. 

I sang for what seemed to be a short time but the clock said otherwise.  Some time had passed.  I prayed for a while after that for some needs that were urgent.  I know when my Lord is worshiped and adored, when my heart reaches up and touches His, that His ear is listening intently to what I might ask, what is dear on my heart.  There are friends that are ill, needs that are important for the week.  So I talked to my Lord about these things.

Then I lay there and thought about this assigned time.  I knew and understood why it might be needed in Heaven.  So many of us wanting to go in at the same time and worship.  I could be there from sunup to sundown, just wanting to sit at the feet of my Lord and worship Him.  But there will be people to visit and talk to; can you just feel what it will be like to see mama and daddy, family members, loved ones, dear friends; the wonderful people of the Bible.  I want to talk to Martha and Mary, to Ruth.  We will have such a wonderful time.

But I was thinking about this time the Lord told me was my time to worship.  I had the feeling while I was worshiping Him that I was not alone, that I had lifted my voice and joined a chorus of others that had the 2:00 time slot.  So many willing voices, willing to be woke up, joyful at the thought that the Lord was inviting us in to worship Him at that time.  You see, I know He could have asked anyone else, but He chose me.  It was important for me to worship at that time.  I think He has a special chorus for each time and all the voices blend into such a wondrous melody for Him, special voices blending together in pure worship and love.  O my Lord, how I love to worship You and to know that You love to hear me worship You brings such joy to my soul, such stirrings of my spirit. So special to be asked by You, to be drawn into Your presence to worship at this special time to You.

I believe that the Lord has orchestrated such across this whole earth, special voices, special worshippers that love Him so much that time doesn't matter, as long as they can worship the Lord that gives them life, that gives them the very breath that sustains them.  Just to worship Him, to glorify His beautiful Name, the precious Name of Jesus.  So there will be others in their time slots also.  Other people around the world stopping at a certain time of day, some understanding why, some not knowing, just knowing that at this time of day or night, they begin to worship the Lord with all their hearts, just pouring out their love to Him, with joyful hearts; resounding worship throughout the earth, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, each week, each year.

I have done this for a long time now at two in the morning never knowing why.  I am so glad I asked.  Because now I know that I am a part of something that is so much bigger than just me, a part of a united group of lovers of the Most High, a unity of voices lifting their songs of worship and praise to the Heavens to glorify and honor Jesus....Jesus.....Jesus, what a wonder You are, how I love to sing Your praises, You are exalted on high, Lord Jesus.

This 17th day of May, 2011, my heart is so full of love for my King.  You have given me love, life and thank You, precious Savior, my time to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment