Thursday, May 5, 2011

YOUR HAND IN MINE

Psalm 73: 23-25  "Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Whom have I in heaven but You?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you."

No place, my Lord, there is no place now that I feel alone.  It doesn't matter where I go, I know You are there with me.  I can feel Your presence surround me, I feel safe, I am not afraid.  Not afraid.  I can remember when I would be afraid somedays to drive down the street; afraid to come home alone to an empty house, fearful of what may be.  But Your love and peace has changed all that.  No longer do I fear at what may be, or what may not be.  I know You are holding me by the hand and You will not let anything happen to me.  You protect me each moment.  Should anything happen, I know You have a plan for it and I will be content in what You are doing with me in that situation.

You are whispering constantly to me words of encouragement, words of advice, words of love.  You want me to succeed, to be everything You have made me to be at this time in my life.  You have a plan for me and there is nothing that will interfere with that plan as I give You full control over my life.  Your plan, that is what I am so excited about.  It is what I dream of.  What You will do with me for the next season of my life.  I don't look at myself as old any longer, as I did months back.  I look at myself as the woman You are doing important things with, things that will glorify You, give You honor.  I am a woman on a mission of God.  How exciting that is for me.  I only want to please You, my God.

I will not let go of Your hand, Lord.  I am holding on to that precious, nail-scarred hand, so gentle holding mine.  You neither pull, you don't tug me one way or the other, You just walk beside me holding my hand, letting me know that You are there, You are not leaving me, and You are letting Your strength and love flow through Your hand into mine as we walk together.  I love You so much Lord.  It is like walking in a beautiful garden, with my hand in Yours, as we talk.....oh, Lord, be it that You talk, I listen.  Yes, Lord, I know You like me to talk to You.  I can imagine You get quite amused at me a lot, listening to what sounds so silly to me sometimes, but I know it is the fellowship You enjoy also.  I know You love for me to tell You how much I love You....my Lord, I adore You.  I know I say this a lot, but I don't know what else to do, You are on my mind, in my heart, and I do love You so.  How can I not just keep telling You how much You mean to me.  The enemy is telling me that I rattle on and no one wants to read this over and over, but I really don't care.  I write this to You, I write things You give me, and I write what is on my heart, and that is You, my Lord.  When I write like that, this is what comes out of me.  I don't care if anyone else reads this.  I know that the ones You want to see will and they will understand as they adore You also.

I give You reverence my Lord as You are so Holy, so Worthy, so Beautiful.  I give You praise; all my worship.  I have no other but You.  There is nothing on this earth that draws me as You do.  You know I don't read much other than Your Word.  I don't watch a lot of TV, movies.  I just want to spend my time studying Your Word, reading about Your love for me, reading of how You are taking care of me.  I get disturbed as I read about Your children in Israel, as they would just have idols, repent, be forgiven and restored and continue in the cycle once again.  But as I think about this Lord, I know things have not changed much in the time I am living in.  Tragedies happen and people turn to You, only to forget soon and go back to their sin, their idols.  If they were to read Your Word they would see that things were caused to happen to get them to turn back to You.  The same mountain, going around it again and again.  I don't want to keep going around that mountain. I have been forgiven, restored and I want to never leave You.  I want to stay by Your side, in Your presence all my days.  I need Your presence Lord.  I need You.

You are my strength, You are my portion, You are my life.  There is none like You.   You give a peace that surpasses all understanding. All I know is that it is from You, and You do not take it back.  You give and it is forever.  I would be the only one that can change that, and I will not do it.  I will not do anything to lose what You have given me.  When the whole world, my Lord, when they finally see, what I know, what I see, then will I be blessed; when they lift their voices and begin to worship You.....Holy, Holy, Holy are You, Lord.  They will be singing words of praise and worship from the love in their hearts to their Redeemer, their Lord God, You, my Lord, they will be singing their love to You.  Finally, they will see Your beauty, they will feel loved and they will bask in Your presence.  At last, You will receive the honor and glory You are due.  I will rejoice.  I then will be glad.  When my Lord is at last glorified by all....

This 5th day of May, 2011, I dream of the day, the day my Lord will be glorified by all on earth.  The day my Lord will be honored, praised and worshiped for Who He is, the Majesty of Heaven, my Love, Whose hand I hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment