Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HIS EYES FOLLOW ME

Job 36:7  "He does not take His eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with kings and exalts them forever."

I have this figurine type figure of the face of Jesus and no matter where you are in the room His eyes are on you.  If you watch it and walk across the room His eyes follow you everywhere.  I decided to put this in my office and was taking it in there when I was struck with the thought, that even though this is just a figurine it truly had a message.

There is nowhere I can go that my Lord's eyes are not on me.  I can remember when that thought would have struck fear in my heart as I was not always where I should have been with the Lord.  When I think of the places I have been, taking my precious Holy Spirit into places that He wanted not to go, but as He is with me, He went.  How grieved I have made the Holy Spirit at times.  Do you realize when we do things we should not be doing, when we watch things we should not be watching, hear things that are ungodly, the Holy Spirit is exposed to them, unwanting to be, unwilling to be, but as we are never alone, He is subject to it also.  Forgive me, Holy Spirit, for all those times I subjected You to things that were unworthy of me, much less something I should have put You through.  But now, now I am not ashamed of where I go and where the Holy Spirit goes with me.

The eyes of my Lord are forever looking down on me.  He is so watchful to see that nothing happens to me as I do His will, as I go about my day, giving unto Him.  He can see how very much I love Him, how much I adore His presence.  He sees me living my life for Him.  The Word tells me that there is no place I can go that He doesn't see me, there is no place that I can go that His love won't reach me.  Here is no depth I can fall to that His forgiveness won't be given to me.  I am His beloved.  He made me to be who I am in Him.  It has taken some time for me to get to this point, to the point where in my heart I can feel that He is pleased with me.  I know He has always loved me, but now I can feel His joy in the fact that I am beginning to be exactly what He had in mind when He created me.  I know I have more to do to become exactly what He has in mine for me to be, but He is not leaving me, He won't let go of me and He is leading me into that plan each day.  My job, my goal is to follow Him, stay in His will and love Him more each day.  How could I not love Him more each day.  Sometimes I wonder if it is possible to love Him more than I do now, at this moment, but I find that as each day passes, and there is less of me and more of Him, there is more love also.

The eyes of my Lord, how beautiful they must be.  I don't know if the Word ever described His features other than it being explained that He was ordinary.  But how beautiful His eyes must be.  Can you imagine what those lovely eyes have seen, what they have beheld....the very Kingdom of God, the making of creation, the Glory of the Father.  How could they not be so special reflecting the Glory of the Father. Yes, my Lord, yes.  The Lord is telling me now that one day our eyes, if we give ourselves totally to Him, will reflect His Glory.  How wonderful that is to know that one day, you will look on me, and I will look on you and see the Glory of Jesus.  We will be resplendant in His likeness, reflecting His glory, His love. 

I love the thought of Your eyes on my, Lord.  Knowing that You keep me in Your heart, keep me in Your will, and that You are watching me constantly.  You see if something is in my path for destruction and You move me around it, You walk with me down the path You have put before me, holding my hand, loving me, talking to me, my constant companion.  Nothing comes between You and me, as we visit each day, talk about whatever comes to mind.  I love the fact that I can talk to You about everything.  Just as I would someone at church or over the phone.  I just talk, You listen, You guide and give me Your thoughts.  I love Your thoughts, Lord.  Wonderful thoughts.  I know You enjoy our talks also.  I  make You smile a lot, I know I do.

Thank You, my precious Lord for Your love, Your guidance, Your patience with me.  This 11th day of May, 2011, I am comforted as I know Your eyes are forever on  me, Your beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment