Saturday, May 21, 2011

THE DESERVING ONE

Psalm 115:1  "Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to Your Name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness."

Have you ever seen a rooster struting across a hen yard, kind of going "look, look what I did", "look, look what I did", just crowing about what he thinks he has done, but in reality, he did nothing but be.  That is how I saw myself at times.  You know when the enemy can just jolt you for a minute, whispering in your ear how great an achievement you made, what a wonderful job you did, wow, did you ever save the day on that one....yes, you have been there too.  We all have.  But when I look inside me, when I close my ears to that lying voice, that deceiving lying voice, I see that I have done nothing.  I know that my accomplishment, whatever it was, was small in myself.  The accomplishment that was outstanding was my Lord.  Without my Lord, nothing would have been done in this manner.  Oh, I can do things, I am fairly intelligent, I am a determined person who likes to get things done right, but so weak, so human.  I can do nothing in myself that would amount to what comes out of me, it is my Lord who draws out of me what is an acomplishment.  He supplies the strength, the annointing, the words that I speak, the words that I write, the songs that I sing.  It is He who deserves the glory for whatever I do.  I would be lying if I said I can do this all on my own.  I can't.  I need the Lord to help me in everything I do.  I want the Lord to help me.  I don't want to do anything without Him.  I have been there, done that.  It did not turn out well.  It seemed good, but I was empty inside.  It was all a facade, all external, there was nothing inside of me that was of value, nothing to be cherished.  Nothing.

My beautiful Lord Jesus, You are the one who deserves all the praise, all the honor, all the glory for whatever I am.  And I believe I am someone in You.  We all are.  When we place ourselves in the hands of the Almighty, just look at what He makes of you.  He takes one like me, broken, empty, needing of a Savior, and lifts them up to Himself.  He lifted me up out of lonliness, despair, crippled in spirit and put me on the path He had designed for my life.  You ever think you are doing so good, at least that is what you are showing to the world, and inside there is such an emptiness that just aches and aches.  It physically is painful.  But the One, the One that deserves all the glory, comes in and begins His work inside your heart, giving comfort, pouring love into you, restoring faith.  He cleanses your mind, taking away and destroying all the remnants of the lies told you by the enemy, those lies that had destroying in the intent of them, washing them out with the shed blood, that precious blood that He gave for me, for you.  Then He takes your spirit, that spirit that has lost life, hanging on by a thread of life now, so destitute and He enjoins it with His beautiful, life giving spirit, and you begin to feel a newness coming into you as hope springs up, a hope that seems to grow daily, stronger, stronger.

There is nothing that the enemy puts on you, no matter how low you think you have sunk, whatever depths of despair you are at, that the Lord God Almighty cannot bring you up from, no mind game you have been a part of, no sin you have commited, nothing you have been a party to; absolutely nothing that He, the Holy One of Heaven, the Deserving One, cannot change.  I am proof of what the Lord can do with a soul that seems too far gone, hope destroyed, life defeated; and now what I am, I am because of my Jesus, the Deserving One who never gave me up, never left me, just waited until I could see nothing, noone but Him and gave Him complete control to do what He would with me.  He deserves all the glory for me, for what I am, for what He made of me, what He is still doing in me.  He has set me upright and placed His righteousness on me, lifted my head up, restored my mind, healed my spirit and placed unmatchable joy in my heart.  Thank you Lord.  Thank you, my Jesus.

My precious Lord, Savior of my soul, how I love You.  You have given me life, unconditional life in Your beautiful love for me.  You have annointed me with love, Your love.  You have given me direction and a desire to worship, a need to worship, a hunger to worship only You.  This 21st day of May, 2011, You deserve all the glory, all the honor, all  my worship.  Every day, every minute of my life.  You are the Deserving One.

No comments:

Post a Comment