Wednesday, May 18, 2011

THE SANCTUARY OF PRAISE

Psalm 114:2  "Judah became God's sanctuary, Israel his dominion."

As I was reading the Word, this verse spoke to me really differently.  That happens so often now, now that I am seeking the Lord with all my heart, diligently looking to understand His Word and what He is trying to tell me.  This morning as I read, Judah became God's sanctuary; instantly I knew that Judah was praise.  The sanctuary a place of refuge, the dictionary says a safe place, but I think perhaps the Lord sees, my feeling of how He would see it, as a being a place of acceptance, quiet acceptance, nothing there but a peaceful place of welcome.  My praise, my worship inviting my Lord into this sanctuary of praise.

Israel His dominion.  Israel means one who struggled with God. I want to say it is not letting go of the Lord,  not releasing the hold you can obtain of the Lord through heartfelt worship.  The grasp your worship and praise has, lifting up from your heart and soul, the longing in your spirit to be one with the Lord and not letting up until you know that you have been brought into the Holy of Holies, right to the throne of the Lord and given His blessing.

So as I can understand what I have been shown here, through this small scripture is that the Lord, as I have always known, inhibits the praises of his people.  But now I understand it to be a sanctuary for Him, a place He knows He is welcome by one that has sought His presence, desiring to see His face,  to lovingly reach up and touch that beautiful face of the One who has given everything to make this possible; now He can come in to rest in the love, the worship, the quiet sanctuary to which He is welcome without anything wanted of Him, save His presence and love.  And then to have this place inside of me, the deepest place, have that place invaded by the Holy Presence of the Lord.  The Spirit of the Lord resting in me, listening quietly to my offerings of worship, the praise that rises from my lips just to Him, just for Who He is.  Not wanting anything, just to be with Him.  He, who is so Holy; just to be with Him.

Come, Lord Jesus, abide in me.  Come into the sanctuary of worship, of praise that I offer to You alone.  Come where You are welcome, always, to stay, never leaving me.  Stay.  I will lift my voice up to You as long as I walk this earth and then one day, I will join so many others around Your throne to worship forever.

My precious Lord Jesus, You are welcome in this place, this heart of mine.  I long for Your presence, I need Your presence, Your presence is life to me.  This 18th day of May, 2011, I am offering this sanctuary of praise to You, my King, and I will not stop, I will not let go until I am there, one with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment