Wednesday, May 4, 2011

YOUR NAME, JESUS

Song of Songs 1:3  "Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out.  No wonder the maidens love you."

Jesus.  How I love to say Your name.  Jesus.  Just the thought of Your name warms me through and through. How beautiful is Your name, Jesus. 

Today, my Lord, as I was singing my songs of love to You, worshiping You, giving to You from my heart, You told me that You love to hear Your name said.  You told me that it thrills Your heart to hear us call out Your name.  It didn't matter whether it was in need, or in worship, You love it when we use Your name.  You want that it would be on the tip of our tongue all the time.  Ready to call out Your name, praise Your name and worship Your name.  Jesus.  How wonderful that it pleases You, my Lord, when we call upon Your name. 

There have been many times I have called Your name in despair, in need, in panic.  Remember that time I had only seconds to stop the vehicle and all I could think to say was Your name, Jesus...Jesus....Jesus.  You stopped everything right there.  Every vehicle was stopped, no one was hurt.  I know it was because Your name went out through the air, dispelling every evil act coming towards me.  Intervening what was meant for destruction and turned it into a miracle, life perserving miracle.  Your name....Jesus.

I don't remember a time when I have called out Your name that You have not responded immediately.  You were listening for it.  I believe You are there listening, each time Your name is called, You hear and respond right away; reaching out to touch to heal, to love, to annoint; You respond when Your name is called.  You respond because You love to have us use Your name as a shield of protection, a blanket of warmth, and oil poured over us in love.  Your name, O Lord, carries miracles in it, Your name pronounces healing, Your name gives life to those who will call out Your name.

Oh, Jesus, how I love Your precious name.  I could say Your name over and over and never tire of it.  It is sweet to taste the sound of Your name in my mouth as it comes from my heart.  How can I explain my Lord Jesus, how I love You and I love the power of Your name.  The strength of Your name.  The peace Your name brings, just by saying Your name, peace floods over me like a river pouring out from Your throne.  You name has the only ability to produce joy, sheer joy into my heart.

Fear hides when I use Your name.  Evil has to go when I call out Your name.  Satanic angels have to bow when Your name is used as there is none other name that is glorious.  Even they know the power of the name of Jesus.  They can dance and laugh and torment, but when Your name is used, they have lost their strength, their purpose.  Your name commands all to come into order before You.  It is Your name that brings victory to me, to all of us who are called by Your name.

Jesus, You are so holy.  I fall short of words to describe my adoration for You, my love for Your name. You are my Lord.  You are my King.  Jesus.  You are my Bridegroom.  Someday, I will be able to look upon Your face when I say the name I love more than any name I know....Jesus...Jesus.  How I love You Jesus.  This 4th day of May, 2011, I am calling out Your name, in praise, in worship, in love....Jesus...my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment