Sunday, May 22, 2011

PLEASING MEDITATION

Psalm 105:34  "May my meditation be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in the Lord."

I spend a lot of time thinking about the Lord.  Thinking about my relationship to Him.  As I worship, singing along with the music that plays almost constantly in my home, or if I am singing to Him from my heart, from my spirit, expressing my love and adoration for Him, my mind is thinking on Him.  I wonder, I think, am I pleasing my Lord.  Am I doing the things that are pleasing to Him.  You know, the enemy is quick to let you know, 'no, of course not!'  But when you are singing and worshiping Him, you can discount anything negative you hear.  In fact, if you are walking in the Lord, giving unto the Lord continually your love and worship, you can discount any negative thoughts completely.  You will not hear negativity from the Lord during this time.  He loves to be worshiped from your heart.

But again, I am drifting.  I think of the Lord as I want to hear from Him what He would like me to do.  Is there something I can do that would please Him more in my worship, during my devotion time.  Pleasing my Lord is my passion, it is what I desire to do most with my day.  As I drive down the street, work, visit friends, have dinner, there is practically nothing that does not take my mind directly to the Lord.  Everything I see brings the glory and beauty of the Lord to me.  I know, you may think there is a lot of ugly out there, and I suppose there is, but you must learn to look beyond what your eyes only see, and let the Holy Spirit show you what is really there.  What you should be looking at with your spiritual eyes.  And, there you will see the beauty.  There you will see the glory of the Lord shining through.  No matter how bad a situation looks, the glory of the Lord will be there. 

A terrible rain storm, with dark clouds looming, lightning across the sky, you will see a split in those clouds and the light is shining through, the sun is shining through to let you know what you see is surface, it is going to end, but coming next will be a better day.  There will be a better day if you remember that the Lord has everything in His control.  You are in this day, you do not have to be part of it.  The Lord is the maker of the day, and He is your strength and support in it.

But as I read the Word, as the scripture goes into my heart, I see so many times how God's people have turned from Him, to do their own thing, of course, worship other gods.  I am amazed at the, well the word that comes to mind is stupid, I am sorry, but stupid it is.  The people of God have seen His hand protect and save them time after time, but would still go back to the sinful nature they had before.  Each time the Lord would forgive them when they cried out to Him.  Today is no different.  The Lord has lifted our country, our earth, out of one conflict, tragedy; forgiven and restored; for a while people would remember and praise Him, then back to their old ways, back to their sin.  I don't understand this, Lord.  I only know it hurts You and grieves You.  How long, my God, will this continue.  As I think of Your love for me, for Your people, I wonder how long You will put up with the response that rises up from this earth.  Or rather, the lack of response to You.  They only see You as long as it suits them, and then back following the ways of the world, the evil one, our natural enemy, the true enemy of Your children.

I can't help but think, my Lord, of how You have protected me, Your people, just in our daily lives.  How You have shown compassion and mercy, grace, goodness to us, everyday giving unto us what we need for our substance, sustaining us, loving us.  I don't understand how people can turn from You knowing Your goodness.  Where I stand in You today Lord, is not where I want to be.  I want to be closer, nearer, I want to be one with You.  I need to be in You at all times Lord.  I need Your annointing on my day, in my work, in my life.  I want to be the one that You can hear worshiping You with continual praise, continual adoration.  I want to bring others along with me to worship, to let them see Your glory when they look out their eyes. 

I want Your glory know to all men everywhere.  I want to tell others how to let their spiritual eyes do the seeing for them.  The time for looking with earthly eyes is over.  We need to begin to see what is going on in this land, our country.  Take the blinders off, the rose colored glasses, stop being led by those who are not being led by You.  We need to let the Holy Spirit show us what we need to see, no matter how terrifying it may seem, we need to look at it until we can see, until we can detect for ourselves, the true glory of the Lord in it.  For everything that happens is for Your glory.  To bring glory to You, O God.  Just You, all glory and honor.  You are calling us to Yourself, to see Your glory, to proclaim Your glory to all men.  It is not ours, it is not theirs, the glory is Yours alone, my Lord.

This 22nd day of May, 2011, my Lord, let my meditations be pleasing.  Let me think of You, spend my time thinking on You, and Lord, please let me spend my time in Your presence.  I love you, my Lord, my worship to You comes from my heart, my soul and my spirit that has been meditating on You, Your glory, Your beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment