Friday, May 6, 2011

THE GREEN LIGHT OF FAITH

Jude 1:20  "But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in you most holy faith, and pray in the Holy Spirit."

I was reading the Word earlier today and I was reading in Jude.  When I got to this scripture about building up my faith, I stopped to think about that.  The Lord was trying to get my attention to the fact that I can never sit and rest on the faith that I have at this point.  Faith needs to be re-established each day.  New faith, stronger faith, a more resilent faith in our Lord.  Faith that stays as it is from day to day will become weary, diminished somewhat without new expereinces that keep producing stronger faith in God.  The Lord does new things for us each day to show His wonderful power, grace and His mercy to us.  How He keeps us afloat in our daily lives, not letting us sink when circumstances come against us, when the enemy would cause us to begin to question our walk.  Our God is never far from us and He is lifting us up to Himself more and more as we continue to walk in His light, as we look to Him for our daily substance, for our very breath.  He is more than enough to supply everything we need, everything I need comes from Him.

See, I realized some time back that without my Lord, I can do nothing.  And now I am to the point, that without my Lord, I do not want to do anything.  I am going with God, all the way.  There is no turning back for me now.  If my God is not in something, than trust me when I say, neither am I.  I can remember when worrry was second nature to me.  But now my second nature is my faith in God.  No matter what comes my way, I can honestly say that I do not fear, as I know that my Lord already knows about it and He is making arrangements to walk me through it. Right by my side, holding my hand, walking me through it.

Faith.  With the kind of faith the Lord asks us to have in Him, we have a green light to walk in complete trust in Him.  Walk that path that He sets before us, never fearing that something might happen to us, as we trust in Him completely and fear not.  Faith.  The kind of faith that is necessary to stand against anyone who would curse us, spitefully use us and lie about us.  We don't have to try to defend ourselves as our Lord in Heaven is our Counsel, He is our Defender and He is our Shield  He made us complete in Him and has stirred up the passion of the Father to pour out all His mercy and grace upon us that will enpower us to stand there and let our faith do our talking for us.  Never waivering, just standing in the face of defiant followers of the enemy and let them see what a child of God does when attacked.   I, for one, will be the undefeated example of a child of God who has had her faith built up on a daily basis, never settling for what would be yesterdays faith, but constantly adding to the storeroom of faith as the Lord shows Himself more trustful, more loving each day.

All I have is You, Lord.  There is none other that I would go to for anything but You.  You have provided to me all that is necessary for my life.  I am content in what You have for me as I trust, in this powerful faith I have in You, that You want what is the very best for my life.  I know I have the best, as I have You, my Lord.  I have a love that surpasses any love known to man, I have peace that is like a river running over me constantly, I have joy that is poured our from Your heart, and I have Your presence.....Your precious presence.  I have all I need.

I have a green light to go, to run, to stand, and to continually rest in You, my Lord.  I trust in You.  Thank You for showing up each day, thank You for adding to my faith each step of the way so I never have to rely on what happened yesterday or last month, but there are fresh mercies to build my faith each day.  Faith that can more a mountain, faith that can do anything in You.  In You, my Lord, is my faith, my trust.

Thank you for my life, Lord.  Thank you for what You are doing in me each day.  For You are making me into the likeness of Yourself, one day at a time.  This 6th day of May, 2011, I ask, Lord, always, more of You, less of me, until, please Savior, please my Beloved, let me see just You in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment