Monday, May 16, 2011

TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM

I John 4:8  "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

As I woke up this morning, I was drawn deep into thought as my soul overtook my mind, my heart racing, and longing from deep inside me came forth in prayer to the Lord.  "Jesus".  "Jesus".  I kept saying His name and then I knew what my spirit was calling for.  "My Lord, please, please my Lord, imprint Your face on my soul, on my heart, deep within my spirit, so that when I close my eyes I will see Your face."  I was weeping as I prayed this prayer to my precious Jesus.  I want to close my eyes and see Him, see that Face that beauty comes from, that Face whose eyes can look deep into my being and see a heart that adores Him, that worships only Him, that lives for only Him. 

Of course, today would have been wonderful had I been able to stay home and worship my Jesus, but I had to go to work.  Worshiping in the car on the way to work I was brought to tears again as my Lord just seemed to settle on me for the ride.  Never letting go.  The ride to work is way too short sometimes.  I did pretty good for a while but then I was waiting a customer about noon time and the Holy Spirit swelled up inside me and whispered into my spirit "To know Him is to Love Him".  It was all I could do to contain the tears that sprung up in my eyes.  I got done with the customer as soon as I could because I knew more was coming.  As soon as she left I began to jot this down while the words were fresh in my mind, on my heart.

Knowing the Lord, loving Him.  It is one and the same.  If you truly love Jesus, with all your heart, you will take the time to know Him.  To know what He is like, who He is.  To learn of His beautiful attributes that He so lovingly shared in His Word, to give us a goal for life, to give us instruction of how we are to live.  If we just say we love the Lord and do not resemble Him in our lives, do not live or even try to walk like He did, then we cannot say we love Him.  So often the word love is used so carelessly.  Love is truly wanting to know who this person is, what are they like.  What are their interests, what things do they not like.  We want to do everything we can to please this one that has become the object of our affection, of our love.  And as that love deepens, we move our schedules around to spend time with them. More and more time getting to know them, letting them see that our hearts are theirs.  Knowing and loving.  These are the key ingredients to intimacy.  Real intimacy is based on facts of love.  Why do you love this person, what is it about this person that draws you so deep into them that you cannot stand to be without their presence for a moment.

And this is where we are.  Jesus, the precious Son of Almighty God; He, who came to earth as a baby, born of a virgin, out of the love of the Father.  Grew in statue showing love to others, showing that it was possible to be tempted and sin not, never boasting of himself, but humbling himself to serve others.  A friend to all that came to Him, never judging but loving each the same, sharing the knowledge of His Father with all.  Then, the depth of love extended when He was crucified, walked up that road to be crucified, knowing what lay there for Him, but knowing it was necessary to give us a freedom, a redemptive freedom that would come with His death.  No such love ever manifested itself such as this.

How can you possibly know these facts of this great love, the greatest love ever shown to man, and not love Jesus with all your heart.  Perhaps you chose not to know these things, makes it easier to live like you do, in the world, one foot in, one foot out.  Sitting on the fence, so to speak, wanting to be one of the Lord's some days, but not willing to give up what you think is so important, so much fun.....how can it be so much fun when it keeps you stirred, confused, lost.  You need to chose; before it is too late.  Take up the Word of the Lord, read of His love for You, begin to know what He did, how He walked this earth, who He is, a Living Savior, a Loving God.

I have chosen.  I know my Lord Jesus, I know Him intimately.  He is my everything.  I love Him above my live.  He is the very blood that runs through me, my very breath.  My life depends on Him.  Without Him is no life.  And knowing Him, my love for Him exceeds anything I have ever known.  Now, I am asking Him, imploring Him to imprint His face on my soul, my heart, my mind, and my spirit.  Into the depths of my being.  I want to close my eyes whenever I want to and see His face.  That beautiful face. I want to look into those eyes that shine with love for me, that drink me up into His presence so I cannot even breath unless He does.  I want to become one with Him.  I want to see that face, that precious face that looks down on me from His throne room and smiles when I worship Him, when I call out to Him in love.  His name is on my lips when I awake during the night and I want to see His face when those eyes of mine close again.

My Lord, my Jesus.  You are the Light of my life.  This 16th day of May, 2011, I am worshiping You, I am adoring You, I know You, I love You.  I am desiring to see Your face......the face of my Jesus, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment