Saturday, January 8, 2011

YOU CAN SEE THE DOCTOR NOW...

Isaiah 53:5  "the chastisement for our peace was upon Him and by His stripes were are healed."

Our Lord, the Great Physician, by whose stripes we are healed.  Yes, I realize you are thinking, not all are healed.  We may not be able to see proof of healing, but I believe all are healed.  Physical bodies are one thing, spiritual bodies are separate.  Our physical bodies are subject to all types of diseases, from colds, allergies, to more serious things like lung and heart disease, like my Robert had. His physical body was not healed for me to see; but his spiritual body was at peace.  His spiritual body was healed from any scars of sin, disappointment, heartache as he knew the Lord loved him, forgave him.  There was a time when I would have questioned why his physical body could not have been healed, but by that time, our God, in His sweet mercy and love, reached down and took Robert and gave him a body that was gloriously beautiful and new.

I did not mean to go this way with this, it just sort of drifted there. But what I am trying to say, is that just because we cannot see a healing on the physical body when we pray and pray does not mean healing is not taking place.  A lot of times the spirit must be healed before the body can be well.  The spirit can get so beat down when someone is ill, especially if they have been ill for an extended period of time.  This can cause a lot of depression and a type of spiritual torment.  Satan can really jump on this and make a person suffer with thoughts that they have done something wrong, or have sinned against God.  And while they are laying in their beds, trying to remember what they did, they are sinking into dispair and depression.

You are right, they should have been calling out the name of their doctor, JESUS.  He was available. But when your spirit gets so low, you are thinking you have done something wrong in His eyes, you forget for a moment about His unconditional love.  You forget He is there, waiting to treat your illness.  So you begin to have a diseased spirit.  So the spirit must be healed before the body can come into its healing.  The power of God touches the body, touches the spirit and His love warms you as you begin to come out of the stupor the enemy has put you in.  The fog clearing, you can see the Lord is near, and call out His name.  People are praying for your body to be healed, praying and praying.  Never thinking, without a well, whole spirit, the body will lay dormant in sickness. 

Pray for the Lord to restore the spirit of your loved one, of your friends, of someone you are praying for.  Ask God to put His Light back into their spirit, fill them with His healing balm and clear out the sickness of their souls.  Put joy back into their hearts, His shine upon their faces. Then the healing of the body can begin to manifest itself.  The blood will begin to flow, oxygen filling every cell in their body and the body will begin to recover.  A healthy spirit can begin to help restore the body.  A healthy spirit can cry out to the Lord with songs of love and worship, songs of thanks to the Lord for His healing mercies on them.

You can see the doctor now.  He is always in, never sleeps.  His office is free from any distraction, you will be able to consentrate on Him and what He is telling you.  You don't need to dress up, He will accept you as you are.  There is no fee, insurance is not needed, and your humble love and thanks will be more than enough to set another appointment with Him.  You will find that He will have plenty of time to spend with you, you will not have to sit and wait for a period of time to see Him. You can call out the Great Physicians name and be ushered right in to see Him.

Father, I thank You for healing my spirit when it was so low, You remember when it was, You came and healed me, touched my soul and restored it to health. I love You, my God. You keep me in good health, my spirit is whole as it soars in the heavenlies singing praises to You.  I worship You, I lean only onto Your understanding, I follow You, my Shepherd, as You lead me, as You guide me, allowing me to walk beside You, You hold my hand to keep me from falling, getting hurt.  You love me, I am Your beloved child. And I know these things because You placed them into my spirit as You were healing me.  I am Your servant, I love only You and I will follow You all the days of my life.

Be blessed with Your child, my God, this 8th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment