Monday, January 10, 2011

IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH

Romans 8:11 (Message) "When God lives and breathes in you (and He does, as surely as He did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life. With His spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ's!"

The Lord has been riding with me again.  This morning on the way to the bank I was praising and worshiping my Father, and then began to thank Him for His presence in my life, in my heart, in my very being.  He spoke to me and said "It is a matter of life and death".  In my spirit I could hear, "without my presence, your spirit cannot survive, cannot breathe, for I am the breath of life, my presence vital to your life".

I knew that the presence of the Lord was so important to me, never do I want to be without Him here with me, but I had not thought of it as He showed it to me.  When the Lord is present with me, such peace settles over my spirit, such joy in my heart.  And I so love when His presence is with me.  I think what He was showing me means that when we know what the presence of the Lord does to our life, our spirits, our hearts, if we should turn away from the Lord, fall into sin, it brings a death.  Death to our spirit, our mind will be taken over by the enemy and eventually, could very well bring death to our bodies.  Without that love, that protective covering that His presence brings to us, there is no controlling the enemy.  No keeping him away from ruining what was God's.  My Lord will never turn away, but He cannot stop you from turning away.  You have a free will.

You see, it is far more damaging when a child of God's turns away, gets lured away by the sounds and lights of the World.  When you step into the things of earth, even for a short while, death to the spirit begins to take place.  Your mind opens to the things of the world, and you begin to make excuses, well, it perhaps won't matter if I do this just once; what will the harm be; no one will know.  Perhaps no one from your circle of family, your friends, your church will find out; but the One that is the most important, the One you really should be concerned with, our God, our Father, He knows.  He knew from the first thought you had, and so lovingly held you, trying to shield you from yourself, but to no avail.  You turned, just for  a moment the first time, then as it didn't seem to hurt anyone or anything, longer the next time. Before you know it, you are gone.  Gone from the place held so dear by God's children, His presence.

People that have not known the salvation of the Lord, that have not experienced His presence, will not die from this type of spiritual death.  He never dwelled within their hearts, their spirit as He did yours.  They will not know the anguish you will feel as soon as the enemy gets you completely turned away from the Father, then he will open your eyes so you see where you are.  Better yet, where you are not!  It will be cold there, no warmth of the Father's arms around you, the sweet smell of His breath will no longer be near your cheek as when he would lean over to hug you, no beautiful words of love coming into your heart, no lift of your spirit when you would hear Him coming.  Nothing. It 's gone. 

I don't want you to think you cannot be redeemed from this, you can.  The Lord loves us so much, He will hear your cry, your words of repentance, your words of love for Him.  He will know how sorry you are, He will be compassionate towards you.  And you shall once again be redeemed.

But what I do not know is if you will be invited into that Holy of Holies, His precious presence, again.  That I cannot say, as once I found myself here, I am not leaving.  I will not allow myself a chance to be deceived by the enemy, I will not fall into his traps as I am watching, being aware of his tricks.  I will not be turning away from my Lord, my Father, my GOD!

The presence of my God, bringing me into the Holy of Holies, is my life.  It has given me such a life, one I never knew could exist. It is life.  It has begun for me a walk, so wonderful, so blessed.  I do not have riches as man would consider riches, but I have wealth beyond measure in the presence of my Lord.  How rich I feel when I wake up in the morning, so loved, so surrounded by His presence.  There is not enough money in the world that could buy this.  It was purchased by the BLOOD, the precious blood of my Savior.  He died in order that I might be saved, that my sins be forgiven, forgotten by the Father, and that I would have the saving grace of God.  And when I grew in Him, gave my all to Him, and He saw that I had opened my heart, purified it for Him, He entered into the dwelling place I had lovingly prepared for Him, and made His presence known to me.  His presence, with me.

Your presence, my Lord, is life to me.  Death cannot harm me, as my spirit will stay alive in my Father.  I will not allow death to enter into this life again.  Death gone, life with the presence of God forever.  I live my life to glorify my Father, whose very presence gives me that life. 

I worship you, my God, to You all the glory and honor, I bring only to You, this 10th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment