Monday, January 3, 2011

FOLLOW ME, SERVE ME

John 12:26 (Message)  "If any of you wants to serve me, then follow me.  Then you'll be where I am, ready to serve at a moments notice.  The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me."

If you truly seek to serve the Lord, then you must be willing to follow Him.  This means to go, do and say whatever He asks.  It is easy just to go to church on Sunday, perhaps on Wednesday, and think you have done something for the Lord.  This is not serving God.

When you are at the grocery store, waiting in line at the post office, talking to someone at work; how many times has the Lord told you to speak to the person by you and tell them God bless you, or Jesus loves you? Do you begin to talk with them, or do you stand there and do nothing?  This is service.  Ready on a moments notice to speak when the Lord prompts you to.  Follow Him, do what He asks.  Great is your reward.

If the Lord decides you should go to another place, a place where He has work for you to do, what then?  Yes, such decisions are difficult, but pray, seek the Lord and if it is His will for you to go, make plans to leave.  He will never lead you somewhere without making arrangements for you.  Doors will open, finances will come.  The Lord always supplies for His calling.  You must believe on the Lord's provision and it will come.  Never will the Lord take you to a place and leave you alone.  He will reward you with blessings upon blessings.

I live to serve the Lord. Father, I await eagerly your direction.  You have given me so much; Your love, Your blessing, and most important to me, Your presence.  There is not anything You can ask of me that I will not give all I have to accomplish for You.  And You know my heart, Father, You know this to be true.  There is no fear in following You, for You have told me that You would never leave me.  I trust in You, there is not doubting. Complete trust. And my reward, your precious presence is all I would ask.

Father, I worship You.  I long to sit at Your feet, listen to Your words and sing praises to You.  Mary so had it right when she chose to be in Your presence.  I use to be a Martha until last year when You chose me to be Your worshiper and I found out what Your presence was like; Your glorious presence.  The warmth of Your presence fills me with so much love for You; I sing praises to Your name, Oh, Lord, praises to Your Name... Never let me go from Your presence my God.  You are everythng to me and I love you with everything that I am.  Feel my heart, Lord, feel the love coming to You.

I will follow you my Lord, today, tomorrow, forever, following you.  Loving you this 3rd day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment