Monday, January 17, 2011

GOD'S FAVORITE SONG

Psalm 104:33 "I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Earlier tonight, I posted a comment that I thought "I Sing Praises" was probably God's favorite song.  This song is sang around the world and used so beautifully to worship the Lord. But a while after I posted the comment, the Lord spoke softly to me and said "You are wrong. It is not my favorite song. It is probably one I enjoyed giving for worship a great deal, but not the favorite".  As I waited, I keep thinking about what the Lord said. Not His favorite. What song could possibly be His favorite. And, like you probably would have, began to think of all the beautiful songs we have, and wondering what was the favorite.

As the Lord began to speak to me again, He told me, "When you sing, lifting your voice up to Me, giving me your heartfelt expressions of love and worship, I love that song.  When any child of Mine lifts their voice up, singing praises to Me, showing their love and adoration for Me, I love their songs."  As the Lord continued to talk to me I began to fully understand what  His favorite song was.

God's favorite song has no one title, no one verse, no one melody.  His favorite song is the new song, the open declaration of love, the laid open heart of one desiring nothing but to give all love and worship to God, not caring who sees,  how they sound to earthly ears, but singing and worshiping God with everything they are.  God's favorite song is the one sang by His children in love to Him.  Not for man's ears, not for any fame to themselves, but just for Him, El Roi, their God who sees into their hearts and sees their pure love for Him alone.

His favorite song is from His children. I can just hear the Lord singing the words He hears from His beloved child, thinking on the words of love to Him, letting those words bring a glow to His heart as He considers how much this song, this new song from His love has pleased Him and touched His heart so deeply.  So precious a moment, thinking about it makes me want to do nothing but to worship all the more.

My Lord, oh precious, wonderful God. How magnificent You are above all, You stretch forth Your Hand and lift up your child to you, giving love, restoring soul, breathing fresh life into, kissing my forehead and releasing Your power and strength to me, giving me so much joy into my heart . I will sing to you a new song, old songs, constant songs of love will I sing to You my Lord.  You put new songs into my heart of love for You each day as You bless me with Your presence, with Your grace and mercy.  I cannot fail Lord because You will not allow me to be touched by harm, Your presence with me warding off the enemy, letting him know I belong to You and there will be no changing that.

My God, You know how much I love You.  You know my heart, know my life has been given over to You for Your will to be done in me.  No matter where You lead, I will follow behind singing my songs of worship and love to You. 

Let me begin again, Jesus, Name above all Names, Beautiful Savior......all my love, all my worship, all my songs to You my Lord, this 17th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment