Thursday, January 13, 2011

ENDLESS DAYS

Psalms 93:5  "Your statutes stand firm, holiness adorns your house for endless days, O Lord."

When weary and tired from a long day, I take myself home, to study, write, and actually, be ministered to by the Lord. I was going to say minister unto the Lord, but truth be told, when I am so tired, as last night, the Lord ministers to me.  He gives me comfort, He caresses my back with love, He heals my sore muscles.

I wonder, how long, Lord, will you put up with me. At times when I am tired, just don't think I have it in me to put one foot in front of the other.  How long will you put up with my feeling sorry for myself for working so hard, feeling so tired, excusing myself from study or housework because I am tired.  You must get so tired of listening to my tired spirit Lord.  Then I realize what I am doing.  I am falling into what I usually see as a trap, a cleverly designed trap of satan to get me out of step with my Lord.  That will not be happening Satan. Yes, I am tired, I get weary, at times even stoop to feeling sorry for myself, poor widow, all alone.  But you see, then I remember, MY GOD is bigger than any of my problems, and He can and He does take care of me. He will not tire of me, as His statutes never fade away, He is the same the first day He held me after Robert died and told me not to worry, He would take care of me, and He is the same each day now.  He expects me to get tired, weary, lonely.  I am human, with human frailties. 

My Lord has endless days to spend with me, He will not leave me for being human, He made me, He knows before I do what my days will be like.  He takes me as I am, He expects me to get tired as I get older and can no keep up the pace of years ago.  I am the one that feels like I am not up to speed because I cannot do like I did then.  The Lord just takes me as I am, each day a little older, and prayerfully, wiser in Him.

I know my Lord, and I know He loves me no matter what I am feeling, how tired I get because He sees my heart, which never lets go of His love or stops loving Him.  Each day, no matter what happens, He will see to it that I am lifted up from whatever weariness, loneliness, dispare I may feel, into His arms to comfort me, see to all my needs and give me total rest and peace in Him.  Beauty for ashes He has given me, refreshing my soul day after day. Nothing can keep Him from me because His Word said He would never leave me nor forsake me.  Endless days He will love and protect me, His loving kindness never ending.  His blessings continuing to shower over me as He wakes me in the morning with His gentle guiding hand, leading me through my day and giving me His sweet rest at night.

Endless days will His statutes be upheld, for He never lies, He does not change His mind, my God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Knowing Him as I do, His presence never leaving me, I am never alone.  He fills me up with love, breathing into me His sweet, sweet spirit that restores me completely.

My God and King, to You I give all my worship.  I sing praises to You my Lord, as I give You my love, my will, my heart, totally, everything to You.  I live for You my Father, and look to give You all the honor, all the glory, and all my worship this 13th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment