Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I THIRST

Psalm 63: 1-5 "O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You. In a dry and thirsy land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory.  Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You, Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with the riches of foods and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips."

My God, how I thirst for more of You.  All I can think of is how can I love You more, I don't know if it is possible to love You more.  My heart is full of love for only You.  I am devastated when I hear someone say something disrespectful of You or use Your name in vain.  I want to shout at them, all the while hearing You tell me, "No, my child, I will recompense. You just show love."  So often I stay quiet, sometimes I cannot help myself and let my emotions rule my head. It is  hard to stand by and let people disrespect and dishonor You my God.  I love You so much, Your Word rings in my head of Your devotion to Your children. You are so worthy of all my praise.

Father, as I thirst for You, I am thinking of when the Lord said "I thirst", and was given sour wine to taste. How cruel my Lord was treated, Father. I feel Your heart as it hurt You  to see Your beloved Son, beaten, hated, mocked, hung on a cross.....and all so Your children would have a way back to You. You took us back, forgave us, loved on us so much.  And then sometimes out of disobedience, we walked away, once again crucifying the Lord, each time we sin. Oh, my God, my God, hold on to me, let not anything draw me to sin, I cannot crucify my Lord again, it is like piercing my heart to remember the times I have in the past. I cannot go from Your presence. I have found true love, true peace as You drew me to You and forgave me of everything past, present, future and made me Your dwelling place.  I never want to leave Your embrace again. Lord, keep my eyes and ears open to every attack of the enemy, so I will be aware of all his tricks to draw me away.  I want nothing of him, need nothing of the world, will not go there again.

Lord, only You.  Only You are what I want, what I need, You are the joy of my song, the words of my praise, and the heart of my worship.  You, Lord, You.  There is only one God, no one can even begin to call themself God, as they do not live.  You are a living God, the Maker of all life, and the Salvation of all souls. There is no one like my God, Who sees and knows all, past, present, future.  You alone see what is coming on me tomorrow, and prepares my way so it will not harm me.  You took my past and threw away all records of it when You forgave me.  You make my present like a gift each day, loving me, showering me with all Your blessings, and my future....You have plans for me to be with You.  You will not let me go from You, You have kept me unto Yourself, and will someday, take me up to You where eternity lies. 

Precious Father, tonight, tomorrow and the future holds my love and life I give to You.  Just to be with You, is all I desire, I have a heart that longs for only You, my soul thirsts for only You.  This is my declaration of love to You, my God, this 12th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment