Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WALKING IN THE WAY

Isaiah 25:8-9a  (Message) "We're in no hurry, God. We're content to linger in the path sign-posted with your decisions. Who you are and what you've done are all we'll ever want.  Through the night my soul longs for you.  Deep from within me my spirit reaches out to you." 

My God, all the earth is Yours and You choose to give to me, out of Your heart, You give to me, your child.   What you've done for me and others out of Your love for Your children, makes my heart swell to bursting.  I just stay inside the confines of Your love and wait for You.  Why would I be wanting to go from You my Lord. 

You have made all my paths so perfect, Your light shines so bright to show me the way. You have posted signs of warning for me to be on the look out for the enemy, waiting to deceive and mislead; like signs lit by neon, they flash warnings as I come upon them.  You want me to keep to the path You have set, stay within the guidelines You have written for me in Your Word.  No doubting Your plans, Your carefully drawn out map for my life.  I see the long, thought out plans You have made, the gentle, loving manner in which You wooed me to Your side; waiting until it was I that sought You this time, after so long of Your seeking me, You waited this time on me.  And I came, I came looking for the God that I had known for so long, the God who upheld me even when I was not aware of Him, the God that loved me for who He made me to be, not for what I always might have been.

Yes, I came seeking you, my God.  I did not have to look long.  All it took was my repentant heart, my total desire to be with You and You opened Your heart and let me in.  All I want is Who You are.  The Lover of my heart, my Peace Giver, my Comforter, my Shelter, my Rock, everything of You is what I desire.  In the night my soul longs for You with a longing so deep it shatters my sleep.  I awake to sing praises to You.  I worship You from my heart with words flowing from my lips, and I feel You here with me.  I feel Your arms encircle me as You hold me close and tell me of Your love.  I will never tire of seeking You my Lord, my Love.

People, some of them, will not understand, this love; but I know my Lord, there are those whose hearts are full of love for You and seek You as I do and I know they are rewarded as I am.  You are wonderful, so mighty, so worthy of all worship and praise.  You are so worthy of every part of my life.  You made me to be just this woman at just this time of life, just to seek You and love You.  I am Your creation, and I know I am beautiful and precious in Your eyes, in Your heart.  I am the love of the Great I AM, the Creator of all Heaven and earth, the Beginning and the End.  Be glorified in my life, O Lord, it is Yours always.

You are the Holy of Holies, the one I adore as I walk in Your ways, in the understanding that You have given to me, as I follow Your ordinances, Your laws, as I glory in You.  I do not weary walking in Your way, as I know You are refreshing me along the path, Your path of righteousness.  Your Spirit sustains me, restores me, Your breathe gives me new life each morning.  I worship only You, my God.  You never change Lord, You are always the same.  And You love me. I long for Your presence day and night.  I will seek You always, seek to do Your will, seek to worship only You.

You, my God, my Love, my constant Desire, I worship You this 19th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment