Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE LISTENER

John 9:31 (Message) "It's well known that God isn't at the beck and call of sinners, but listens carefully to anyone who lives in reverence and does His will."

For as often as I call unto the Lord, He is here.  I cannot remember a time in the last two years that I have not known His presence when I call on the Lord. The majority of the time I call on Him just for His very precious presence and the fact that I just want to love Him, to tell Him how important He is to my life. He is so worthy of every word of reverence, every loving word in honor of Him.  I tell you, I do not know how people that do not love the Lord make it through the day. I could not get through the day without the Lord, nor do I want to. But I did not mean to talk about me tonight.

I want to tell you about the Listener.  Our God, listens...He listens to all that call Him through the Holy Spirit that He gave to His repentive children.  He hears the child's prayer at night, so simple, so tiny, seeing into the heart. Of course so often the child is afraid of not praying.  God is a great mystery to children and they work off the fact that their parents have been praying with them and this is what you do at night before bedtime.  This is what you do so God will send His angels to watch over you as you sleep. Nighttime prayer for them is a learned habit. This is a good habit, the shame of it being that, as we age, we often leave it in childhood. How many of you truly pray at night.  Do you take time to thank the Lord for the mercy and grace He showered on you that day?  What's changed?

It doesn't matter how old you get, prayer at nighttime is still a good idea.  First thing in the morning before you rise is a good time for prayer also.  Can you not tarry for just a little while to give God the worship and glory He so deserves.  To let Him know what He means to you, how you thank Him for all He has done.  Give Him glory, worship Him for a little while, you would be amazed how much better your day goes.

But still He listens.  God is listening to see if His children will take the time to offer a prayer of thanksgiving to Him; to offer up praise to Him for healing you; to send forth songs of worship just meant for Him from you.  Listening for His children to call out words of love, words of adoration.  Just for Him, just from them.  He waits and He listens.

He listens when you call on His name at the time of trouble; he listens when you call out in distress for an ill loved one; he listens when you cry.  He also listens when you are cursing Him because you got into problems when you did not ask His advice, He listens when couples are shouting hurtful words at each other, as they failed to include Him in their marriage. He listens when you are sick at heart and agonizing when your child has gotten in trouble once again, yes, that is right, you did not think it was necessary to take them to church and raise them in the Lord.  But God listens.

Now He is listening for your cry of repentance.  He is listening to see if you will turn from the your present walk and give Him your life, your heart.  He is listening to see if you want Him to be in control of your so out of control life.  He is listening....what will you tell Him.  He loves you, He wants to take all those burdens from you, all those troubles.  He wants to bring peace into your life, give you dreams that you thought were gone, and He wants to comfort you, love on you.  God wants to fill you with His spirit, His live giving spirit and Comforter.  Bless you totally.  He is listening....waiting and listening.

Why would you wait?  Is the walk you have now taking you anywhere?  Going around the same mountain again?  Cry out to God, He is listening, and He will not make you wait.  He has been waiting for this day a long time, and is so ready to receive you into His arms of love.

I thank you my Lord that you were listening when I cried out for You.  There was no hesitation on Your part, You just reached down and picked me up.  I praise You that You never let me go again. I am so content with You my Father. So content.  I am blessed beyond messure. There is not a moment I ever want to be apart from You.

I love you my God and I give You all my worship, all my songs of praise are for You, my Listener.  As You listen to my songs of love and worship, be blessed my Lord, I only sing them for You.  As I love you each day, my love grows stronger this 23rd day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment