Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ONE NATION, UNDIVIDED

2 Chronicles 7:14  "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Tonight at church we discussed unity.  We have been talking about spiritual warfare for a few weeks now and unity is an important element of spiritual warfare.  I was still thinking about it when I got home, went into the kitchen and on the wall I have a rack that have a few decorative kitchen towels hanging. One says United we Stand, and it is a patriotic towel.

United we stand.  The Lord showed me something in that.  We are called the United States; I always thought that this mean a number of states joined together.  But I think I have been wrong. Here I am, born on the 4th of July and never thought about it in the spiritual realm.  Our united states; this means united in one common cause, one common purpose.  At one time that common cause and purpose was meant to be freedom to all people, and freedom of religion.  When these United States were joined, that freedom of religion was meant to worship our God, our Lord.  It was not the freedom to maintain and worship every god of every nation that wanted to reside here.  These United States was a country born out of religious tyranny and people came here to be free to worship God, to be set free from oppression.

Undivided, we are to be undivided.  Have you noticed, that our government is set up in division.  Two parties in the house, two parties in the senate; all trying to have control, maintaining control.  No one is set on maintaining the best for the people in whom they are elected to serve.  No giving control of the country back to God, no asking God's assistance, no seeking His plan.

But it all comes back to the people.  The Christian people.  How much thought do we give prior to election day as to what God wants us to do.  Do we pray and seek the Lord for who we vote for?  Probably not too many of us.  It seems that instead of voting for someone, we end up voting against someone.  I understand we don't always seem to have a candidate that seems right.  But are we forgetting that God puts our leaders over us.  I feel He wants our input, and that is why He wants us to seek Him.  Perhaps we are not seeing the whole picture on an individual He has plans to place upon us.  So we just let our judgment slide, vote against someone, and end up with a person, we know not a lot about, or he was the popular choice, but there they are.  Over us.  Then the heartache comes with the choice. 

Did you ever wonder when that happens, if it is God's lesson for us, showing us we should have been in prayer and asking His guidance.  His wisdom?  We know we are to be united.  His children of one mind, one accord.  Do you know the power of God's children when they are of one mind, coming together in one accord?  We can move mountains through the Lord as long as we are like minded.

How can we be united together being so spread apart across the country.  We can pray. We must humble ourselves before God, ask His forgiveness for leaving Him out of a very important part of our country's very life.  Our country's very spiritual being, our freedom.  Our worshiping our Lord in freedom.   Our spirits will unite in the spiritual realm, joining together to create a massive petition to our God.  He will hear us, He will search our hearts to see if we are truly repentant; and then, only then will He give heed to our prayer and come and heal our land. 

Our land so needs the Lords healing touch.  We are so far from the glory that once swept across our land, in waves of praise and worship to God.  People that gave to one another, people that worshiped together, and people that lived together in harmony.  Now there is murder for no reason, robbery, taking what is not yours because you can, people living openly and freely in God condemned sin, and others accepting it.  We can love the sinner but must stand firm against the sin.   We must stand firm against all of this.  We must bring our country back under God's control.  Give our land back to the Lord.

Friends, pray, seek the Lord.  Join with me in asking His forgiveness in being so lack in our responsibility to keep what He gave us for Him.  Ask His forgiveness and pray asking, in unity, in one accord, as an united nation under God, that He heal our land.

My Father, I worship You in spirit and truth.  You give me the words, my Lord and I will give it out.  I love you my God, you are my everything.  Forgive me Father.  I pray You will come, sweep across our land in a great revival of Your people, who will worship and praise You.  Heal our land I pray, this 5th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment