Monday, January 24, 2011

A NEW BEGINNING

Isaiah 54:5  "For your Maker is your husband...the Lord Almighty is His name...the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth."

Almost two years now, Lord, since my earthly husband went to the home You prepared for him.  For so long, I grieved, sadden by his leaving, thirty-five years is a long time.  But Your spirit never left me, He comforted me, gave me strength for each day.  And now in two weeks, it will be two years since that day, the day You gave me the courage to let him go, to give him into Your eternal care.  How happy I know he is, being with You, worshiping Your Name, and knowing him, talking with Peter. He always wanted to be able to visit with Peter. Thank you my Lord.

Now, You tell me, it is time for a new beginning.  You have stayed so close to me this last year.  Doing Your wondrous work in me, cleaning out every last drop of what was self, and making it all about you. I have to tell You, my God, I love what You have done.  I love the fact that when I look in the mirror, I see the glow of You on my face, Your smile on my lips and Your love shining out of my eyes.  I would have never dreamed You could take what had become almost a shell of a life and make it into something that even I could like.  I know You do, as You loved me so much to make me into a vessel for Your use, for Your glory. 

My Lord, You have become my husband.  My Bridegroom, whose very Name gives renewed life to the widow, to live again in You.  Your Name, Your precious Name brings joy and happiness to my heart. Your love for me touches my soul.  Your Name gives hope and moves away the clouds of emptiness. Your Name fills me to overflowing with anticipation of Your presence.  Your presence that fills my days and nights, time spent with You, my Lord, time spent with You.  You have filled every longing I had or will have with You.  More of You replaces what was once my own desires, my own wants, my own way. 

Now I desire only You, I want more of You, and I want only Your way.  Your way for me to become everything usable in You.  A vessel You have made, a vessel You fill again and again with Your love as I pour it out on others.  You, my God, give me wisdom and knowledge from Your Word so I can minister to those You send to me, those whose lives have paralleled my own, those I can understand where they came from, where they are, and leading them to the peace You offer.  The love You have for them.

I will be alright now, Lord, for You have made in me a new beginning.  A new life that can grow in You. I can walk in Your light, I can glow in Your glory, I can live a new life in You.  You, my Maker, made me once and now have remade me in Your image, for Your use, for Your glory.  I only want to please You, my God.  Let me love You, each day of my life, each moment in time, let me love You, my Lord.  I will worship You with every breath I have, for You alone, are my husband now, the one I adore, that I live for.

Joyously my Lord, I give You all the glory for what You have done in me, a new beginning, this 24th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment