Thursday, January 27, 2011

JUST BE YOU

John 10;30  "I and the Father are one."

How do you feel when you hear people wish they could be like someone other than themselves?  Do you think that is a grand dream or desire for them?  Something to be applauded or encouraged?  There are times I hear people say they want to be like some movie star, or ever a teacher, singer, preacher.  Now there are some excellent role models that we have.  Some wonderful people have passed through this land and made wonderful contributions to the quality of life and have changed thought processes for the good of so many.

I want you to know, role models are fine, but you need to be careful who you choose to emulate.  The only true choice for a role model is our Lord Jesus Christ.  If we must choose someone to want to be like, why would you want to choose someone with human frailties, faulty in ways we may never know, but their lives are controlled by human desires, disappointments, heartaches, illnesses, and some such lack of faith.  Even those whose faith was considered so great, are till subject to human qualities.  But Jesus, our precious Savior, was human but with no failures, no sins....even when subjected to the worse death imaginable, rose above it all in love.  You know how you feel when your parents were ashamed of something you had done and told you to leave the room, they did want to look at you right now?  Well, that was minor compared to our Lord having His Father turn His back on Him when He took the sins of the world on Himself, so we would be reunited with the Father.  The thougth of what He did for me hurts my heart so badly.  The love He showed, so great, so selfless, for me, for you.

Now that I told you why you should emulate our Savior, let me tell you what God says about you.  God wants you to be you.  No one else, just the person He had in mind when you were created.  Me, He just wants me to be Pat.  The person He cleaned up, forgave, and loved me until I had nothing in myself but Him.  Then He began to work in me His final plan.  The one plan He has had in mind for me for so long, but had to wait until I was completely His.  Well, He has a plan for you also.

God just wants you to be His creation.  If he wanted two Pats, He would just duplicate me.  But He wants only one like me, another to be just you. We all have a place in the body of Christ.  He wants you to be who He made you to be.  If you are not where you think you should be in Christ, and someone else is farther along in their walk, that is not a reason to wish to be someone other than who you are.  You are so special to God. He knows things are a little slower  in each of us at times, and He has reasons for the time table of your growth in Him.  Each of us need to be shown the special things He has for us, some things take a little more time to develop that others.  It doesn't mean that one of us is better than the other, just that some things are being done in a different manner.

You would not expect a cake to take as little time to bake as a cupcake would you?  Of course not. As well as we know it takes longer to sew a wedding dress than it does to make a blouse.  So different things take different times to complete.  The Lord will complete His good work in each of us, in the time it takes to make sure it is perfected in Him.  Just be happy in you.  In your skin.  You know the Lord loves you, He is delighted in you, loving you, grooming you to be just who He intended.  Once you are His, He doesn't want to work so fast that it would confuse you. He wants you to be comfortable in what you are, what you are becoming.  He does not make failures, He makes perfection.  You will be perfected in Him.

There is no failure in God's children.  Did you know that.  God made you, and He does not fail.  The enemy does a real work on us, doesn't he, convincing us that we are failures if we do not live up to the worlds standard of what they think or what we think we should be.  How foolish we are to listen to this foolishness.  And that is what it is.  We need to understand that satan is jealous of us.  He use to be with the Lord, so special to God, but he was not happy to be in God, he wanted to be God. And now that he sees the Lord perfecting us in every good work for Him, he wants to destroy that plan. What better way, the only way he has, is to destroy our concept of what we are and who we are in the Father.  And what better way for us to destroy his plan, just be happy in yourself.  Look in the mirror and tell yourself, "God loves me just the way I am, He designed me to be who I am, and He is pleased with His child".  Do this until it gets into your spirit.  This is the message the Lord wants you to understand this night. He loves who you are.....just who you are. His child, His child that He is working with so you will give away His love, spread His message, climb that mountain, and rest in that valley. Be you.  Just you.  A design unique and special, one created by God to be....you.

My precious Lord, I have learned to be content and happy with me.  I know You are pleased with me now that I have given all to You, all my life, complete control of who I am.  Your love for me keeps a permanent smile upon my lips, a song of worship in my heart and peace in my soul.  I am me, Your beloved child.  I worship and love you my God, I can hardly contain the love I have for You, it is so strong. I love You, I love You, I love You, my Lord, this 27th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment