Sunday, January 16, 2011

IT IS NO SECRET

Psalm 25:14 (Amplified)  "The secret (of the sweet, satisfying companionship) of the Lord have they who fear - revere and worship - Him, and He will show them His covenant, and reveal to them its (deep, inner) meaning."

The Message says: "God-friendship is for God-worshipers; They are the ones he confides in".

Do you love secrets?  Something someone tells you because they trust you, they know you will keep their confidence, never fearing you will repeat it unless given permission to tell?  All of us appreciate being trusted by our friends to tell us things that are on their hearts, things not meant for everyone just at this moment; so many not being able to understand perhaps, or just not caring enough to keep it a secret.

God is no different.  He looks at His children, seeking to find the ones He can share His heart with, the children who have given their will over to His, children that have completely surrendered themselves to the Lord's keeping.  He searches their hearts, looking to see if they have been cleaned, washed by the blood of Jesus, now spotless and righteous and ready for whatever God has for them.  When this happens, the Lord can and will began to unfold His deepest thoughts to them.

I have been so blessed, as the Lord is now revealing more and more of the scriptures I read.  As I drive down the road, I see meaning in so many things. It is hard to see anything that I cannot see the Hand of the Lord in, see His Glory pouring out.  I suppose a lot of it is just for my benefit as I look to see Him at every turn, seek His heart with every breath, just wanting to be near Him and love Him.  But I am understanding more each day. The Lord talks to me, yes, just as if He were sitting next to me.  You see, when you worship and seek the Lord, He will be sitting next to you. There will not be a place you go that He is not with you. The Father so longs to have worshipers He can be with.

Friendship, the best kind you can have, is what is offered here.  When you worship and adore the Father, when He sees that you are not going to just love for a season, and that you are not going from Him ever again, He puts His trust in you.  He comes to spend time with you and tells you the secrets of His kingdom. As you can understand, He reveals His plans for your life.  He opens the door to so many scriptures, revealing their inner meanings, giving you new hope for your future.

Grace is given when you come into this trust.  More grace than you imagined. Yes, you had grace before, but now you can go about your life having no fear, as you know the Lord has gone before you and removed all obstacles and hazards from your path.  If you slip, He will catch you.  If you need forgiveness, yes, the Lord knows the enemy will have you on his top 10 list now that you carry His trust; the Father will forgive as He knows you immediately realized you failed and have repented so quickly, having recognized satan's handiwork.  So much more grace now.

His presence, always closer now, as you are so close, best friends.  You telling the Lord your secrets, telling Him how much you adore and love Him, how you are so blessed; and the Lord sharing His thoughts and secrets with you, knowing how you love to have Him near, and how you treasure His thoughts, His words.

My friends, it is no secret how to achieve this special friendship with God. How to become His most intimate friend.  Just do what I do.  Love. Love. Love. Worship. Worship. Worship.  Day and night, night and day, just worship and love on the Lord. He is so worthy of all our love and worship.  We were made by God to worship Him.  He wanted special friends, confidants He could share Himself with, children He could trust with His secrets.  Do you not want this relationship?  You can have it. Just give Him you all, release yourself into His care, love Him, worship Him.  Make Him the most important one in your life. He will reward you with His secrets.

My God, You are so holy, so worthy. How could I not want to always worship you, my King.  You are the only one whose secrets I long to hear.  Look inside, you will find a heart purified by the blood of the Lamb, and by Your precious love, waiting for You always.  I thank You my Lord, that You love me, You made me Your special friend, You gave me Your trust and yes, Your secrets.  I worship and adore you Lord, this 16th day of January, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment