Sunday, December 12, 2010

Walking In The Light

Matthew 5:14-16  "You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

I have heard so many times growing up, don't hide your light under a bushel. I think growing up in church, a lot of have heard that phrase.  And we are just that, light of and to the world.  We should make certain that our light is shining so others can see it.  How will they see the Light that is in us if we do not show it.  It is not boasting to let your light shine, your son-shine light that is a beacon of hope and love, coming out of you. Your eyes are the windows to the soul, I have heard it said.  What do your eyes show. Do they shine with the love of the Lord, are the doors of your heart open to give love freely.

Sometimes your light is the only Jesus some will ever see.  Someone that is having a difficult time, almost always looks for the light.  They are sinking in dispair, they will not call on someone filled with problems, showing them no compasison.  They will look for someone that has that Light about them.  The Light that they so want but do not know how to get.  They will come to you.  And you must let the Light shine from within you and let the love of God overflow from you onto them.

Don't let your light grow dim. Keep your light refreshingly bright by reading God's word, praying in the spirit, and worsiping the Lord.  Keep the Lords name on you lips day and night, always be ready to pray for someone in need. Keep your heart pure unto the Lord, your mind in Christ, and your heart linked to Jesus, who fills you up with His love to give away. And give it away, you cannot run out of God's love. He will refill you before you know it is gone from you. Just pass it along to someone else.

I have a light, it reflects the Light in my heart, the Light of my life, my Lord and King. I try to take every opporunity to let my Jesus light shine on a daily basis. People need to know where that beacon of light is, that place they can receive a word of hope, a refreshing word.  Shine you light onto the world, it's reflection will come back to you with the glory of the Lord.

You, my Lord, glorious and majestic, rule my life today. Father, make my light to shine with Your love and grace, as I know You will refill me with Your mercy and grace as I give it away.  I love your Light that shines in me Lord and I will reflect Your hope and salvation to others; you love and grace, using my light to show the way to the unsaved.  Lighting their path from death onto life in You Lord.

My light that you gave me, Your energy supply in Your Word to keep it glowing. A complete package my Lord, this 12th day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment