Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The First Commandment

Mark 12:29 "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.  This is the first commandment."

So often when we think of the commandments, we consider the ten commandments that were given to Moses for the people.  Commandments to guide and instruct for rightful living.  But a new commandment was given by Jesus.  Jesus came so that we could know the Father in an intimate way.  Jesus came so we might have redemption from our sins, for without it, there was no relationship with the Father.  Our Lord wanted us to realize that the most important thing that was required of us was to love the Father, heart, soul, mind, all our strength. Put everything we have into loving the Lord, holding nothing back.  This is His commandment.

And how can you truly love the Lord and not sing His praises, not worship Him. He is so beautiful, His love endureth forever, and His blessings pour out on His children who love Him and follow His commandments, beginning with the first commandment, to love the Lord.  Is it so difficult to love someone who gave so much for you. Who sent His son to make a bridge between you and Him?  How much love do you think it took to send His son from glory down to earth to be treated so despicable and was crucified so we could have everlasting life; so we could become His children, His beloved children.

I, my Father, love you with my whole heart, my soul, my mind and all my strength will be spent in worshiping You.  There will never be a moment that I do not love You, that I do have my mind on loving You.  I will do everything You ask me to do to show others the importance of worshiping You.  I will be a worshiper of my God until the day You take me home to be with You.  I long for the day I can be with You always. But I know You have work for me here.  And Lord, I don't mind, as I know You are with me here, Your presence guiding me and loving me.  I feel Your love, my Father.  I feel Your presence, it is so glorious. I thank You for Your love, Your presence.  I thank You that You loved me so much, You gave Your son so I could have the most intimate relationship with You, so I could have You with me, to talk with me, how You bless me Lord.

I am Your child my God, Your worshiping child, this 8th day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment