Friday, December 3, 2010

Standing on the Promises of God my Father

The Message; Hebrews 10:19-23  "So, friends, we can now - without hesitation - walk right up to God, into "the Holy Place".  Jesus has cleared the way by the blood of His sacrifice, acting as our priest before God.  The "curtain" into God's presence is His body. So let's do it - full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out.  Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps His word."

The Lord is so faithful.  He is always the same, never wavering from the promises He made to Abraham,  Moses, David.  The Word is the same for us as it was then.  So many of God's people leave His promises when things begin to heat up.  They start to believe that perhaps the promise wasn't really meant for them or they are not worthy of God's promises.  Hold on to those promises.  What other hope do you have, other than the hope that the Lord gives each of us in these promises.  He promises to keep us unto Himself until that day; He promises you health.  How many of  us hold on to that promise?  The enemy really works that one overtime, doesn't he?  Grab hold to that promise, it holds true this day.  The Lord promises you abundance.  Don't see it?  Are you following His teachings and commandments?  Are you giving to Him the first fruits of your labor?  God never changes, He is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow. He does not lie, He promises, He delivers. But, there is action to be taken on our part.  Each promise comes after we do what He asks.

My God, what more could You promise that You do not already freely give to Your children?  I cannot think of the ways you have blessed me, they are so abundant.  But My Lord, the most important promise You gave me that I love the most is, You promised to be with me. In 1Kings 11:38 "If you do whatever I command you and walk in my ways and do what is right in my eyes by keeping my statutes and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you." (NIV)  That is my hearts desire, my Lord, for You to be with me.  What greater blessing can there be than to know that You will not leave me, no matter what happens.  I will do what you command my God, I will walk in Your ways, and do what is right in Your eyes.  I will do nothing that would ever take me from Your presence.

You, my Lord, my Father, my Life, bring more joy to me that I have ever known. I worship You my Father, there is nothing I desire more than Your love and Your presence.  I am asked what I would like for Christmas.  All I can tell them is absolutely nothing.  There is not a worldly thing that I have need of or want of.  I am content with the joy of my Lord. I am content knowing You are always with me.  I am content knowing of Your great love for me.  I am humbled at being part of Your Bride. 

You, my God, you.  That is all I will ever need or forever want.  I sing praises to Your Name this 3rd day of December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment